Qx7 for RC tanks.

Hardware help and support for the FrSky Taranis
Desertrat99

Qx7 for RC tanks.

Post by Desertrat99 »

Hi all,

I recently received a Qx7 S. I would like to set it up to work with 1/16 RC tanks.

I found this site that uses a different radio for setting up for tank use, but wanted to use a Taranis.

I am completely overwhelmed by this as I am a complete noob to this stuff. I have tried a few things, but nothing works.

I already have looked through Open TX university and even watched a lot of videos online .

Can I set up this radio to have the same settings as the site linked below?

How would I do this?
http://jbwid.com/art74m.htm
Last edited by Desertrat99 on Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kilrah

Re: Qx7 for RC tanks.

Post by Kilrah »

Yup, things look a bit different but are very similar.
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

You can set up equivalent settings, but that’s not where you start. First you need to learn how OpenTX works. There are many ways to do this (but not in the Hardware forum). There’s OpenTX University, all sorts of videos, Taranis threads on RCGroups, etc.
Then when you’ve got a basic understanding of OpenTX, you can start to explore the programming for ER9X (the 9x transmitter firmware) that’s presented in that article. You should know that ER9x was the basis from which OpenTX was forked, so it should make sense, but quite a bit has changed since 2013.
Don’t expect to find an easy way to do this unless someone has already migrated it to Taranis.
Desertrat99

Post by Desertrat99 »

Howdy, if you ready my original post, I have looked at dozens of videos and looked through the OpenTX U and I still do not understand this stuff.

I am completely new to all this Transmitter and mixing.
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

I read your post. You still have to take the time to learn OpenTX. We were all new once.

Return to “FrSky Taranis radio”