XSR and the Taranis X9D binding issues

Hardware help and support for the FrSky Taranis
mpiwa

XSR and the Taranis X9D binding issues

Post by mpiwa »

I seem to have a weird problem that I can not solve. I bought 3 XSR receivers from hobbyking.com with the LBT firmware installed. I powered the RX from the PDB and measured the voltage just to be sure. The RX is being powered using 5volts. When i press bind on the RX, the red and green light are solid (with the TX on and also with the TX off) .This scenario occurs wether the TX is on or off. I believe that the one (red) light should actually blink indicating that it is in binding mode. I have the same issue with the other three receivers. The two lights are solid, when I press the bind button.

I tried to upgrade the firmware on one of the receivers, to the latest version, 170619 using the EU version XSRLBT170619. This did not change anything. The red and green lights are still solid, wether the TX is on or off.

I turned on the transmitter and went into bind mode, chose D16 1-16 when the TX started chirping, I pressed bind on the RX and powered it. The red and the green light came on and were both solid.

I upgraded the firmware on my transmitter Frsky Taranis X9D to the x9dp-v2.1.6 EU version and this did not change a thing, both lights are still solid when I press the bind button on the receiver.
I changed the firmware to a FCC version on the one receiver, just to be sure, the RX behaves in the same way, two solid lights.

According to different info on the Internet two solid lights indicate a firmware conflict (LBT - NON LBT mismatch), seeing as i have LBT firmware on both my TX and RX, this should not be an issue.

I have 3 other R8XR receivers that work perfectly on the same transmitter they have been upgraded using the LBT firmware version. I have bound them rather recently using the same TX.

I have 2 Frsky XM receivers that also behave in exactly the same manner, i don’t believe that HK are selling defective products, so something else is wrong that i am missing. Any assistance would be helpful seeing as i have been trying for weeks to figure out the problem.

Kilrah

Re: XSR and the Taranis X9D binding issues

Post by Kilrah »

mpiwa wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:05 pm When i press bind on the RX, the red and green light are solid (with the TX on and also with the TX off) .This scenario occurs wether the TX is on or off. I believe that the one (red) light should actually blink indicating that it is in binding mode.
Nope, solid is normal at this stage. It only starts blinking after you've then put the TX in bind mode and binding was successful.
mpiwa

Post by mpiwa »

seemed to have solved it....contacted Frsky support

Thanks contact us, you also need to flash the built-in XJT non-eu firmware of the radio, then test it again.

Firmware(version 170317):https://www.frsky-rc.com/xjt/

How to: https://www.frsky-rc.com/how-to-flash-t ... a-sd-card/

Wish you have a good day.

Best regards
Ray.
Raptor67

Post by Raptor67 »

I just been thorough something similar. Again, it was a firmware thing. My old original Taranis XJT module had old EU firmware and the XM+ receiver had old non EU (FCC) firmware.

I purchased my quad with receiver from GearBest. I'm still waiting for an intelligent response from them and its now a few days after I've figured it out. Apparently I should have contacted FrSky directly like you did. I will in future. Live and learn.

Return to “FrSky Taranis radio”