How Do I make my 3way switch do what I want ?

Hardware help and support for the FrSky Taranis
hitman5363

How Do I make my 3way switch do what I want ?

Post by hitman5363 »

I am trying to set up a Quad. I have my SE Switch set up for Stabilize, Loiter and RTH. I have calibrated my radio in Mission Planner and have changed the modes in Mission Planner to what I want. However, I can take off in Stabilize mode but when I switch to Loiter the Quad pitches to the rear and fly's backwards and when I switch to RTH it rolls to the right and fly's away. I then have to switch back to Stabilize to get control.

Please, can someone tell me what I am doing wrong. I have also listed those three modes in Mixes but still have the same issue so I am missing some programming some where. I am totally new to the Taranis Plus and still learning.

komos

Re: How Do I make my 3way switch do what I want ?

Post by komos »

I believe its a gps issue or something else fc related. Definitely not transmitter. What gps you have? How many satellites you lock on? Can you upload any log from the fc? I also believe in rcgroups forum you will find more expertise on fc related stuff

Στάλθηκε από το LG-D855 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

bob195558

Post by bob195558 »

I also am guessing and did / have you calibrate your Flight-Controller to where you are flying ?
It could take several minutes to find enough satellites and you may need to set your GPS home position before RTH will work properly.

Bob B.
Er9x on 9x radio, with Smartieparts Programmer and TelemetrEZ Board.
ErSky9x on Taranis, Sky9x, 9Xtreme radios.
3D-Printing: (https://openrcforums.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=129).
hitman5363

Post by hitman5363 »

My GPS Module is a Ubix M8N.....and I do not know how many Satelittes it is picking up. My Mavic Pro picks up 16 to 21 in my back yard so I might be picking up that many too on this GPS. I do believe it too is FC issue.

Bob195558.........how do I calibrate my FC to where I am flying? When in MP is shows my home on the map and it's dead on.
hitman5363

Post by hitman5363 »

bob195558 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:07 am I also am guessing and did / have you calibrate your Flight-Controller to where you are flying ?
It could take several minutes to find enough satellites and you may need to set your GPS home position before RTH will work properly.

Bob B.
Well I went back into Mission Planner and set GPS required to arm. And changed Loiter to Pos Hold. Retested the Quad. GPS recognized and it armed and took off in Stabilize mode then hit switch to Pos Hold and it did the same thing and immediately flew backwards. Now, I did not go back into the Taranis and rename Loiter to Pos Hold......should I have...???? I did re-calibrate the transmitter in Mission Planner though.......this is really starting to tick me off !!!

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

The names you put in the radio mean nothing.
You must simply check that for the different switch postions your GS tells you the mode you want is selected, adjust positions if not.

Your issues sound more like an aircraft setup problem. Improper GPS/compass location, bad/no compass calibration, improper navigation settings or gains etc...
There are LOTS of stuff to configure correctly on the aircraft/FC for things to work right, the radio side is probably the smallest and most obvious.

Return to “FrSky Taranis radio”