X8R Receiver Power Option

Hardware help and support for the FrSky Taranis
rgaynor

X8R Receiver Power Option

Post by rgaynor »

I am building a scale Cessna 337 that requires 16 channels. I wired together two X8R receivers and am using all 16 slots for servos - leaving no slots available to plug in a 2 cell Life battery to power the receivers (I prefer not to use a BEC). I tried installing a Y connector allowing me to connect one end into the receiver slot and a servo and LIFE battery on the other end. Unfortunately, this solution caused the servo to pulse and act erratic. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions/recommendations. Thank you - Ron

komos

Re: X8R Receiver Power Option

Post by komos »

I think you dont need 2x X8R. Get one and an sbus decoder. You can take 16 chans from the decoder which will use only one slot from x8r and give power through an other slot of the x8r

Carbo

Post by Carbo »

rgaynor

Post by rgaynor »

Carbo wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:16 pm I vote for redundancy bus: http://frsky-rc.com/product/pro.php?pro_id=155.
Hi Carbo - so sorry, but I am now just reading your reply. I actually purchased a Redundancy Bus. For some reason, sometimes it works fine and other times it makes the servo "chatter". When I disconnect the chattering servo from the BUS and hook it back up to the receiver, it works fine. What am I doing wrong????? Don't want to miss your reply, so please feel free to reach out via my email address: [email protected]

Thanks SO much
bob195558

Post by bob195558 »

Just a though, could there be an increase RF signal in the servos wires when using a Redundancy Bus.
I have not read-up on Redundancy Bus to how it works, so I maybe way off with my suggestion.
So I have had servo-chatter caused by servo wires running to close to each other :(
and was able to fix it by separating the wire by having space between them. :)
Without the spacing, they would sometimes not have the servo-chatter, which I think may have depend on the stick command (combinations) being sent to the servos.

Bob B.
Er9x on 9x radio, with Smartieparts Programmer and TelemetrEZ Board.
ErSky9x on Taranis, Sky9x, 9Xtreme radios.
3D-Printing: (https://openrcforums.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=129).

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Also check if the RBUS is sending the servo data at 50Hz (every 20mS), or at the SBUS rate. If the latter (9mS), then an analog servo will be unhappy!

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
rgaynor

Post by rgaynor »

bob195558 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:27 am Just a though, could there be an increase RF signal in the servos wires when using a Redundancy Bus.
I have not read-up on Redundancy Bus to how it works, so I maybe way off with my suggestion.
So I have had servo-chatter caused by servo wires running to close to each other :(
and was able to fix it by separating the wire by having space between them. :)
Without the spacing, they would sometimes not have the servo-chatter, which I think may have depend on the stick command (combinations) being sent to the servos.

Bob B.
Hi Bob - thank you for your comment and suggestion. My wires are very close together and there are a lot of them. Not sure how I could really separate given the limited space I have to work with. I just sent Frsky.com help desk an email as well hoping they might be able to provide a solution. Thanks much
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Please read Mike's post above. I also think that what he says might be the source of your problem..

João

Sent from my thor using Tapatalk

My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

Return to “FrSky Taranis radio”