Cant get x7 out of mass storage

Hardware help and support for the FrSky Taranis
TWICH88

Cant get x7 out of mass storage

Post by TWICH88 »

so i cant get my x7 to show up as a joystick. ive tried unchecking the massstorage box in 2.2, reflashing fw, and restoring factory settings on the raido itself.. if i plug it in while powered on it just connects as a mass storage device. im trying to use it on a sim. windows 10

Kilrah

Re: Cant get x7 out of mass storage

Post by Kilrah »

Make sure you reflashed the right firmware, with no massstorage in the name. Probably got the wrong file.
TWICH88

Post by TWICH88 »

I flashed the one open tx companion told me to. Where can I find the no mass storage one?
jtaylor

Post by jtaylor »

Did you download firmware again after you unchecked massstorage? That checkbox determines what option in in the firmware you download, not what option you flash.

Uncheck massstorage
Go to File-Download and download firmware - make sure there is no "massstorage" in the firmware name.
Flash the firmware you just download to the radio - The flash firmware dialog should show firmware you just downloaded (without massstorage in the name). If it does not click the "Load" button and select the correct firmware.

Companion does not tell you what firmware to flash, it shows a firmware file by default (I'm not sure if it is the last one downloaded or the last one flashed) and if it is not the one you want you need to tell it to load the one you want.

Jim

Return to “FrSky Taranis radio”