Taranis Q X7 will not bind

Hardware help and support for the FrSky Taranis
CubriC

Taranis Q X7 will not bind

Post by CubriC »

Hi, I got a Taranis X7 from Banggood (China) so I flashed the firmware to the latest EU-LBT and a X4R-SB from the UK so already should be EU-LBT but still I flashed it just to be sure. Still they won't bind, I've tried a lot of different ways but no luck. Something that I read around is that in order to confirm if you have a EU or FCC firmware is to check the available modes (D8, D16, LR12) and they say if it is EU you won't be able to select D8 or LR12 but I can! And I've flashed the int. device with the latest EU-LBT using OpenTx 2.2.0.

I've tried to flash both to non-EU but some say the newer EU X4R can't be downgraded/flashed. I tried anyway and got no errors so I guess I did flash it but then again, so shouldn't I be getting the option to select D8 or LR12 modes on the transmitter but still I do... I've been "flashing" with latest OpenTx so maybe it's broken for me and it isn't really flashing? It's just a thought. The only one that is making sense to me right now.

ps: I've tried binding a few feet apart, Sbus disconnected, fresh transmitter battery, all the basics you see thrown around the forums. :)

Best Regards,
CubriC

Kilrah

Re: Taranis Q X7 will not bind

Post by Kilrah »

CubriC wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:46 pmSomething that I read around is that in order to confirm if you have a EU or FCC firmware is to check the available modes (D8, D16, LR12) and they say if it is EU you won't be able to select D8 or LR12
This is incorrect, OpenTX canot know what firmware is on the module. If you flashed OpenTX without the "eu" option ticked you'll always have the choices displayed.
CubriC

Post by CubriC »

Kilrah wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:38 am
CubriC wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:46 pmSomething that I read around is that in order to confirm if you have a EU or FCC firmware is to check the available modes (D8, D16, LR12) and they say if it is EU you won't be able to select D8 or LR12
This is incorrect, OpenTX canot know what firmware is on the module. If you flashed OpenTX without the "eu" option ticked you'll always have the choices displayed.
Yes, you are right, I just confirmed that a few hours ago ticking some options on the Companion. Thank you.
Still I can't bind these 2, so weird. They are supposed to bind right out of the box!

UPDATE #1:
I just noticed that both LED's being solid ON isn't covered on the official FrSky's Manual. Binding mode is solid Green and flashing Red but I get both being solid and they stay that way. I saw on other forums 1 or 2 threads of people this issue and they changed the Channel Range and they got their receiver to get the solid Green and flashing Red (Binding mode). I'm trying to contact FrSky Technical Support but no luck, I tried on Facebook Messenger and they said to email them... This is starting to get fustrating now.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Do you have more than one receiver? First thing to try is another one, could be defective.
CubriC

Post by CubriC »

Kilrah wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:53 pm Do you have more than one receiver? First thing to try is another one, could be defective.
I don't, I'm just getting started with this hobby. I'm looking around this side of the country (North of Portugal) for people that might have a similar X series receiver or something. So far no luck.

c03

Post by c03 »

I have the same problem.

I have tried with the following receivers: XSR, XM+, another XM+ and an XM.

I have tried all firmwares, both LBT and FCC (EU and Non-EU) with older versions of the firmwares as well. Nothing will bind, and I get the solid green and solid red LEDs. I am powering the receivers through and bench power supply at 5v.

I have had it bind to the XM in the past, using the Non-EU firmware, however now nothing seems to bind.
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Have you flashed the internal module to the right version for your receivers?

Sent from my Z Pro using Tapatalk

Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
John08015

Post by John08015 »

Any resolution on this??? I'm having the exact same issue with an x8r and Q X7S
yakavoler

Post by yakavoler »

Had the same problem. Had updated the RX and TX to LBT firmware. Tried multiple times with no joy. Till I found that the XJT needed to be updated too. Here is the link https://www.frsky-rc.com/xjt/ All good now :D

Return to “FrSky Taranis radio”