SD CARD SEEMS TO BE READ ONLY

Hardware help and support for the FrSky Taranis
Highjack

SD CARD SEEMS TO BE READ ONLY

Post by Highjack »

HI Everyone,

I just received my brand new Taranis plus, and I have a very strange problem...

I first set my taranis into bootloader mode, then I connect the usb to my computer, the new drives appears, I can browse it, everything looks fine, but when I try to copy files on it, I got the copy window appearing with the "calculating..." message appearing, then nothing append and suddenly the drive disapear. If I unplug the usb, the taranis continues to show "usb connected" and I cannot power it down. I have to remove the battery to get it back to life.

When using the taranis every reading on the sd card seem to work, I have my sounds and my model images (I got the sd out of the taranis to copy everything on it). If I try to format the SD through the Taranis Menu, I get a "SD CARD ERROR", so everything seem fine as long as I don't try to write on the card.

Can someone figure this out ?

Thank you

jmcmillan909

Re: SD CARD SEEMS TO BE READ ONLY

Post by jmcmillan909 »

Have you tried to format the SD card?

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Highjack

Post by Highjack »

Yes I did, no Luck...
Crono

Post by Crono »

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. The SD card seems read-only, and can't even be formatted with the menu option. Tried with 3 different cards, same problem (they also work perfectly on the PC card reader). Tried on 2.2.0 and 2.1.9.

BTW, I don't get the error with a very old firmware (the one that you can download from the Frsky site).
Drone8

Post by Drone8 »

Hopefully someone can help me. I am a new user to the Taranis Plus. While upgrading the Amber sound pack the sd card erased. i have attempted to download onto a new SD card with no luck. I am using a MacBook Air. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PaulvM

Post by PaulvM »

Has anyone made any progress on this issue. I have exactly this issue also on a new Taranis deliver a week ago . I updates to open TX 2.2 because I wanted to use the multi proticol module. Then could not write the new files to the SD card via the usb connection. Radio locked up and had to unplug battery. All the issues listed above, Could not use the SD Sync component of Companion all writing to card failed. Could not Backup firmware to SD. The card reads perfectly and the radio works great. One user on Github reports opening his Taranis reseating connectors and cleaning SD socket and his came good but he had no idea what fixed it.

Return to “FrSky Taranis radio”