Using RPM telemetry to sync two motors

Hardware help and support for the FrSky Taranis
Willsonman

Using RPM telemetry to sync two motors

Post by Willsonman »

Coming here for a bit of guidance.

I've got a project that could really use this feature to sync two motors to the same RPM. I have two sensors and they are both functioning. I am not a software guy at all so any ideas on how to set this up would be very helpful.

Currently, the idea is to assign the sync to a flight mode for testing purposes. Under Mixes; CH1 is the main, manual throttle. CH7 has a main manual throttle that is NOT active in FM1, as well as an RPM match mix that only takes over when in FM1. CH1 is the motor who’s throttle you want control over at all times. CH7 is the motor who’s RPM you want to ‘chase’ that of the other motor.

Flipping SE-down engages FM1, sets GV1 to the previous common throttle setting - that way when you engage the RPM match function, there shouldn’t be a rapid throttle change.

L1 is true IF RPM+ is lower than RPM. L2 is true IF RPM+ is greater than RPM. Under special functions, SF1 and SF2 increment GV1 up or down depending on whether L1 or L2 is true. Here, V1 is the first RPM sensor (CH1) and V2 is the other sensor (CH7).

Flipping SE-up switches everything back to FM0, disengaging the match function.

Please confirm the madness if you can decipher it or offer an alternative.

Return to “FrSky Taranis radio”