Problems binding with X8R

Hardware help and support for the FrSky Taranis
xenon20

Problems binding with X8R

Post by xenon20 »

Hi all

I am stuck (again) trying to bind any of my 3 X8R receivers to my X9D.

I am in D16 mode, channels 1-8 and therefore not using any bind plug. Turn on X9D, go to model setup, turning bind mode on, put transmitter over the other side of the room, using an external battery pack (4x AA cells), power on while holding down the F/S button. Red light starts flashing. Remove power from RX and reboot Tx. Reconnect power to Rx and the red light is still flashing - no control.

I believe all of these X8R's have been previously binded, so I was wondering if they had to be binded to the correct receiver number in the model setup to what is was done on intially, but after trying all combinations that doesn't seem to be the case. What does the receiver number field do / what effect does it have ?

When I long press on MENU and then scroll to page 4 it gives me the following info:
SVN: opentx-r2834
DATE: 2013-10-29
TIME: 22:05:54

EEPR:215

followed many video's and searched many posts but still no result :(
Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong?

EDIT: Just tried it again and now I'm not getting the flashing red LED anymore when powering on the X8R with the F/S button pushed. Always seems difficult to do just a simple bind on these ? I guess I must be missing something...

Thanks
Paul

xenon20

Re: Problems binding with X8R

Post by xenon20 »

Hi all

An update: Managed to succeed by changing the 4x AA cells for the ESC and Lipo battery, and it has paired straight away.

Return to “FrSky Taranis radio”