Taranis Telemetry Listener for the PC

Hardware help and support for the FrSky Taranis
Swifterone

Taranis Telemetry Listener for the PC

Post by Swifterone »

I have made the initial GitHub commit of the Visual Studio 2013 solution of TaranisTelemetry, a C# class library and example Winforms application designed to receive and decode the telemetry feed from the RS-232 port on the Taranis RC transmitter.

I would appreciate it very much if members of the Taranis/OpenTx software team would look at and comment this code, and if people out there with different sensors will test it.

Specifically, I need to know what each sensor value is for, the sensor it comes from, and if anything else is needed to decode this, or if I have made any mistakes. I have only been able to test this code with the high-precision Variometer and the LIPO voltage sensor. It seems to work fine with the sensors I've used so far.

You can find the GitHub project at:

https://github.com/Swifter/TaranisTelemetry/

Thanks!

Paul

Swifterone

Re: Taranis Telemetry Listener for the PC

Post by Swifterone »

I have just received my GPS sensor from Aloft Hobbies and tested the data stream with the Taranis Telemetry Listener. At first blush, it seems to be working well and I get degrees and minutes just fine, but the seconds don't quite agree so I'm going to play with it a bit. Unless it is spot on, it's sort of worthless for plotting position.

When I have this working, I will submit changes to the Github repository and then produce a little instrument panel app, just for fun.

Return to “FrSky Taranis radio”