E-flite Convergence

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
DonDenver

Re: E-flite Convergence

Post by DonDenver »

John, I'm trying nearly the same setup you have: Futaba 8UA with FrSky DFT module and a FrSly D8R Receiver in the Convergence. You said yours is flying so I'm very interested in how you did it. First how did you connect (wiring sequence) the FC to the RX? Futaba orders the channels 1 = Aileron, 2 = Elevator, 3 = Throttle, 4 = Rudder, 5 = Gear, 6 = Left Aileron, and 7 and 8 are Spares. The Convergence manual orders them as 1 = Throttle, 2 = Aileron, 3 = Elevator, 4 = Rudder, 5 = Gear, and 6 = Left Aileron. So, my first question did you order the connections according to Futaba or Spektrum? Secondly, any setup on the Futaba TX for Elevons? Any other setup issues I should be concerned about? Thanks for your help. I'll let you know how it works.

franky888

Post by franky888 »

Since in my country does not have the PNP version, but BNF, can I just use my own Futaba receiver and transmitter on BNF Version?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Yep you can just remove the stock receiver and put any other in place.
OreoEater95

Post by OreoEater95 »

Hi, I know this is almost a year late, but I'm hoping someone can help! I have a FrSky X8R receiver and a Taranis plus controller. I am trying to set these two up to work with the convergence vtol. I am having issues of getting signal through the flight controller. I can hook my motors and servos up straight to the receiver and get them to work great. However, once I plug into the flight controller, nothing happens. The motors are getting power (they beep) but I can not get the motor to actually turn on. I have tested the motor by itself and it works. Does anyone have any advice?
bob195558

Post by bob195558 »

What Flight Controller do you have ?
And what firmware is on your Flight Controller ?
I see there are some different E-flite Convergence out there.
Er9x on 9x radio, with Smartieparts Programmer and TelemetrEZ Board.
ErSky9x on Taranis, Sky9x, 9Xtreme radios.
3D-Printing: (https://openrcforums.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=129).

Beau7

Post by Beau7 »

Daedalus66 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:04 pm It seems that a low voltage alarm is not helpful in AP flight as the built-in low voltage detection which causes the model to go into MR/Stability mode triggers first. But for just hovering in MR it could be useful.

In principle, of course, you should never hear the alarm because you are religiously keeping track of time. You are, aren't you? :)
Heyy. I installed a frsky S6R disabled the stability in the S6R. Ive bound it to a X9D plus 2019 and everything works except the throttle.. Ive tried reversing the throttle, extending limits, trim down, trim up, tried calibrating the escs (which im not sure if it even calibrated it correctly) any ideas of whats going on.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Have you reduced the channel limits to 80% ?

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”