New to Taranis - questions

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
Doctorbatman

New to Taranis - questions

Post by Doctorbatman »

Hello All,

Can someone please direct me to the correct forum to get answers to the following questions?
My background - I bought a Taranis Plus a year ago and spent a lot of hours reading forums trying figure it out.
I have about many hours on it trying to program it and about the same amount of time on Companion.
I haven't actually figured it out enough to dare flying a model with it yet.
I've flow RC for 30 years and owned lots of old AM radios, Futaba 6 EX, 7C. Currently fly Futaba 10C, 14SG & Spektrum DX7.
Having quite a bit of difficulty with Taranis though. I got too busy with work this summer and haven't been on Taranis for 6 months and now forgot half what I thought I did know.
Last week I decided to get back to the Taranis and opened Companion and a notice popped up asking "there's a new version of Companion, do you want to download it?" Like an idiot, I clicked "yes". Now Companion has 2.0.20, my Taranis has 2.0.17.
What do I do now to get them on the same version?
Since I was away, I see there is now a version 2.1.? Am I supposed to upgrade to that now?

Soooooo confused,

Thanks,
Doc

kalle123

Re: New to Taranis - questions

Post by kalle123 »

You should take a course at http://open-txu.org/

All you need to know is written there. Just step in .... ;)

br
Doctorbatman

Post by Doctorbatman »

Hi BR,

Thanks for the tip.
I've spent a lot of time over there reading and on some other forums.
Another new issue I discovered is all my entire Taranis file on my computer is missing. It had the original factory installed firmware and all the eepe files I created. A friend thinks maybe it was wiped out during a "defrag" of my hard drive.
Can I find a copy of the original firmware or is it not important.

Any info on my original question?
I know all the answers are on Open Tx university somewhere but I thought asking a question on the forums could save countless hours searching.

Thanks,

Doc
kalle123

Post by kalle123 »

Doctorbatman wrote: Can I find a copy of the original firmware or is it not important.
Original firmware is found here http://www.frsky-rc.com/download/index. ... 0&pro_id=0 but I think, that is not important
Doctorbatman wrote: Any info on my original question?
Was that "upgrade"? You are writing a lot, but giving few facts ....

Yes, upgrade to the last version 2.1.9 This is described in detail in open-txu.

br KH
EdgarS

Post by EdgarS »

Hi, Getting around the great Taranis 9d plus, however hit one of those silly things which should be simple but I can't crack. Startup gives warnings
unless all switches are up (and throttle off) For one model I want no warning if switch SG is in the centre position. How do I do this? Switch positions in the Model setup will show up or off only, I can't find any way to change this. Help please. Edgar

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Set switches as desired, and long press ENT while the whole line is highlighted.
EdgarS

Post by EdgarS »

I am not explaining myself clearly. You say "set the switches" - that is the problem. I go to model setup. I go down to switch positions then enter.
I am then on A. Short enter gives me either arrow up or blank. + or - moves to the next letter. I can find no way to get either an arrow down or - (for switch middle) What am I doing wrong please? Edgar
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

I mean physically put the switches how you want the warnings to require them.
EdgarS

Post by EdgarS »

Brilliant, I knew it was something B----y obvious!! Its all very easy when you know. Thank you very much for your help. Edgar

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”