Seeking help to choose right Tx and Rx module.

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
musfar

Seeking help to choose right Tx and Rx module.

Post by musfar »

hello, I am currently looking to buy Tx and Rx module. The requirement is, Rx must have SBUS also preferred to buy from FrSky.

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Seeking help to choose right Tx and Rx module.

Post by MikeB »

If you have a Taranis, then you already have the internal XJT, Tx module.
A FrSky X8R or X6R receiver provides SBUS, along with 8 or 6 servo outputs. There is also the X4R-SB receiver.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
musfar

Post by musfar »

Thank you for your reply.

May I also ask in Taranis X9D+, the specification shows the no. of channel 16 channel (extensible to 32 channel). 16 channel is sufficient for my project. Although, If I want to use 32 channel in the Taranis X9D+ what is the way to do it. I could not understand it. Can I have an idea about it? Thank you very much.

Also Mr.Mike, I may go through X8R or X6R and my control rely on SBUS. I also believe Arduino SBUS decoder that you have shared in one of my previous discussion can be used in X8R & X6R, right?

Further, I also wonder If have known the major difference between X9D+ and X9E, and the new X12S.

at this moment, I have decided the receiver that I may either prefer X8R or X6R and still under researching on selection of radio transmitter within this 3 models (Taranis X9D+, X9E & Horus X12S).

Thank you.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

The Taranis has a module bay that allows you to fit a second Tx module. If this is also a XJT, then you have TWO Tx modules (one internal and one external), each handling 16 channels giving 32 in total. You then need TWO receivers, one bound to each of the tow Tx modules.

Yes, the Arduino SBUS decoder I created works with the X8R and X6R.

You have an answer on the X9D+/X9E differences on another thread.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
musfar

Post by musfar »

It is nice to talk to you Mike. I believe I could have few more conversation regarding to the X12S. After reading out your above answer. what I could believe is, there is an TX module called XJT. using the Tx module we can use another Radio Tranmitter such that we will have 32-Channel. Also, I found that the Horus X12S, in that selecting internal or external Tx is an programmable. Does it mean that, we dont require additional XJT module?

musfar

Post by musfar »

Further, I also wonder what is the main purpose the FrSky has in-builted bluetooth in X9E?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

The external option is a module bay that allows you to add a second Tx module, this could be a XJT module.
The bluetooth device in the X9E is a BT 4.0 low energy device. Currently, I don't believe there is any real firmware support for using this. I haen't added anything to ersky9x as I don't have a low energy bluetooth device to test it with.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”