Sound on Taranis radio

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
Malc

Sound on Taranis radio

Post by Malc »

On my Taranis original radio ,firmware version 2.1.9 variant 217.
When I turn on my Taranis there be welcome sound and also an announcement telling me what position the switches that I have set are in ,also when I move the trim switches it tells me when the trims are in the centre position ,but sometimes when I turn on my Taranis there is NO welcome sounds or announcements .
Can any one help?

Kilrah

Re: Sound on Taranis radio

Post by Kilrah »

Copy SD card contents to PC, format, then put contents back.
If it doesn't help try another card.
Malc

Post by Malc »

I do not think it is anything to do with the SD card contents because sometimes times when I turn on my radio I have sounds and sometimes I do not have any sounds but if I try again I do have sounds!
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Sounds are on the SD card, so if you don't have sounds it's because reading the SD card fails.

You should always have beeps though (try giving trim clicks to check).
Malc

Post by Malc »

I see that sounds are on the SD card but the sounds are there as they should be most of the time , it is only the odd time that I turn on my radio that have no sounds!

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Which means that sometimes reading the card fails, which has already happened to many people before you, and for which the troubleshooting steps are what I told you in my first post, those usually solve the issue, if not then it's a hardware problem (bad contact somewhere in the radio).
Malc

Post by Malc »

Thanks a lot! Could you please then tell me how do I Copy my SD card contents to PC,format,then put contents back.
I do not have a lot of computer knowledge. Is the Copying done with the SD card in Taranis through Open TX?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

You can do it that way, but if you have a SD socket on your PC, it would be quicker to do it directly.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Malc

Post by Malc »

I do have a SD card reader socket on my PC ! But I still do not know how to do this way!
Malc

Post by Malc »

TrranisTX9 PLUS.Open TX2.2 .I have lost all sounds on my Radio I was trying to install the amber sound pack but I have lost all the sounds on my Radio.
I have got all my models and settings on my Radio.I had all my models and settings on companion ,but now I have lost all my models that I had on companion and I can not get them back. HELP!
Malc

Post by Malc »

I have now got all my models and settings back in Companion,so Companion is working OK now.
When I was trying to install the Amber sounds to my SD card I uninstalled the original sound pack!
So now I have not got any sounds now on my radio , also when I try to play switch sounds in Companion ,there is not any sounds there!

My computer is a MacBook Air and I need to reinstall the original sound pack back to my SD card, but I do not have a copy of this to my MacBook Air
can any one HELP with this.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

In companion file->download->SD contents.
Malc

Post by Malc »

Hi Kilrash.
Could you please explain in a more detail how to do this.
I have companion 2.2 installed.
Malc

Post by Malc »

Hi Kilrah
I have downloaded the AmberSound pack.Then I deleted the sound folder form the SD card and replaced it with the AmberSound pack.
I now have all my sounds working OK.

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”