Ooops - lost my original SD Card files (was a qu on sailplane throttle)

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
randallpatrickc

Ooops - lost my original SD Card files (was a qu on sailplane throttle)

Post by randallpatrickc »

Help! Fallen at the first fence... I was following along with the "getting started" guide and got to "However, copy the other folder, with all its subfolders to your newly created Taranis folder on your computer, and rename this folder SD Card"
I copied (not moved!) the folder to my newly created folder and - poof, it disappeared! I guess I must have done something strange - it looked more like a disk image than a folder on the SD card. Now I don't have anything on the SD card other than the two "do not touch" folders.
Rummaging about, I can see what looked like the missing folders (BMP,EEPROMS,FIRMWARES,LOGS,MODELS,SCRIPTS and SOUNDS) so I made a copy of those - don't ask me where I found them - I haven't a clue what I managed to do.
Now I'd like to get back to where I started from.
Can you advise pls?
I was thinking I could make a directory on the SD card and copy them all in there but does it have to be a particular name? I'm pretty sure it was "untitled" before I copied/lost it.
Ooops.

Update:

I have found the following help for when connected as usb (this is on a Mac):

In this mode the radio will present itself to the computer as two disk drives. The first one is virtual, meaning its contents are not existing in file form on the radio. This drive will contain two files: EEPROM.BIN and FIRMWARE.BIN.

EEPROM.BIN file has the contents of the radio EEPROM which is used to store all radio settings and all model settings. Reading and writing this file enables Companion to download models and settings from the radio and to upload them back.

FIRMWARE.BIN file represents the FLASH storage area of the radio where the OpenTX firmware is stored. Writing into this is used by the Companion to flash the radio with the new version of OpenTX firmware. The limitation of this mode is that only the OpenTX main radio firmware part is written/flashed. The OpenTX Bootloader part stays unchanged, because the OpenTX Bootloader is currently the active program and can not erase/overwrite itself. This is also to prevent users from inadvertently overwriting their working OpenTX Bootloader with some other non-working version. So if user upgrades firmware in this mode, only the OpenTX main radio firmware part gets upgraded. The OpenTX Bootloader can be upgraded via SD card, more on that later.

The second drive is the contents of installed SD card.

I think that I somehow deleted this second drive in trying to move what I thought was just a folder.
As I say, I have all the folders with (what look like) their original files (they are saved on desktop). How do I proceed to get back to where I started from? I think I have mistakenly tried to save the Companion files to the radio and have therefore presumably overwritten the contents of the radio EEPROM. Am I up the creek? Is there an original SD contents file somewhere? (I have no models saved)

:oops:

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”