Taranis 9 plus with DM9 - some channels glitching

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
j3av8r

Taranis 9 plus with DM9 - some channels glitching

Post by j3av8r »

After my JR 9303 tx died a few weeks ago I purchased a Taranis and so far I am really impressed with it. As I have a lot of Spektrum equipment, I swapped over my DM9 module that was working fine on the 9303. But some of the planes that were previously working fine with the same module on the JR, now have some channels (not all) chattering significantly around neutral. There seems to be no logic to which channels they are. And sometimes it stops. I thought it might be a swamping issue, but out at the field I had the same problem. Range is good. But here is the intriguing part. When I press and hold the range check/bind button, the servos stop chattering and perform normally.

I will be doing the DSMX hack eventually but I would like to fly these planes now! I have tried various settings and searched the forums but I have not had any luck tracking down the problem. Does anyone have any insight?

Kilrah

Re: Taranis 9 plus with DM9 - some channels glitching

Post by Kilrah »

There's something about that module needing 400 or 450us for the PPM pulse setting instead of the default 300, don't remember the exact number.
j3av8r

Re: Taranis 9 plus with DM9 - some channels glitching

Post by j3av8r »

Hi Kilrah, I double checked those and that wasn't the problem. So I did some more troubleshooting and it turns out it is the module. I tried another DM9 module and everything behaved normally. I put this "new" module back in the old JR and it works again. I thought the JR issue was on the power distribution side as the fuse was blown and I thought there was a hint of that burnt electrical smell. So I guess I bought a new radio and I didn't really need to. Oh well. The 9303 was due for replacement and this was a good excuse. At least that is what I will keep telling myself. :)

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”