FrySky EEProm Error Bad Data

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
ldefoor

FrySky EEProm Error Bad Data

Post by ldefoor »

It seems this was addressed back in 2013/2014 by reading through all the posts. I have tried the things that are listed in those posts and it just doesn't seem to fix it.

I have recently acquired a Taranis X9D, not the plus. Everything was working okay with the single MultiRotor it came with. I wanted to change a few of the switches and through, geee, wouldn't it be much easier to do in a piece of software than through the controller. So, I found this Companion9x stuff :).

Attempted to load it and it said it needed newer firmware on the controller to work. So, went to FrSky web site, found the controller and the firmware: http://frsky-rc.com/download/view.php?s ... re-Taranis X9D

Thought to my self (probably where I went wrong), looks to be fairly new, but not too new the bugs aren't worked out. So, I downloaded it. Also downloaded the DFUSE tool. The files came with four different .dfu files. Mode 1 - EU, Mode 1 - NONEU, Mode 2 - EU, Mode 2 NonEU. Couldn't find any documentation on the differences, so, assuming Mode was how I am using the controller and believing it is in mode 2 (throttle on left) and then another assumption EU meaning English I uploaded Mode 1 - EU. All seemed to go well.

Turned on Transmitter and OpenTX comes up, then EEPROM Bad Data... press okay... Throttle is not at minimum, press any key. Screen comes up. Everything looks fine (except those to errors). Use Companion 2.1 configure the model and save it. OH KEWL... it is on the controller ... Nice... Wait, now the controller is frozen and wont react to anything. OH, wait, what - EEPROM Formatting? HUH?

Now starts the vicious cycle! It just continues the same thing. If I open it up, and go through the steps the same things happen.

I am pretty new to all this so, that is also hindering my ability, but I am pretty smart and pretty quick learner.

Can someone maybe give me a little guidance?

Kilrah

Re: FrySky EEProm Error Bad Data

Post by Kilrah »

Companion is not a FrSky product and is not to be used with the firmware your radio came with nor any downloaded from the FrSky website.
If you want to use OpenTX companion, you need to load the matching OpenTX firmware (of the same version number) on the radio.

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”