Telemetry data

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
Richard

Telemetry data

Post by Richard »

I am using 2 x X8R receivers to add up a 16 channel system. I assigned the throttle to channel 3 of receiver #2. FrSky Taranis, sw ver 2.0.18. With that said, I have two questions:
1) When I look into the Telemetry Log in the Companion, and I choose Thr, it will show the data from the Ch3, Rx #2 or Ch4 Rx#1 (normal throttle channel)?
2) Is any way to gather telemetry data for all used channels?
Thank you
Richard

Kilrah

Re: Telemetry data

Post by Kilrah »

The logs record the physical controls on the radio, i.e. your throttle stick's raw position.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Thank you Kilrah. I really don't know if that is good news or bad news. I was expecting the data to come from the receiver, but I guess that a difference between Tx y Rx would only be under a radio link failure, interference (which I would not discard) or Rx failure. Again, I am assuming here that the telemetry channel data speed is considerable lower than the control channel link, and therefore less sensitive to interference.
Anyhow, this is what we have, and it is good enough.
Thank you again for your response.
Richard
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

The receiver can only send telemetry in response to a control data packet, so if it doesn't receive control it can't say so anyway. Getting data back would be pointless as it would always be equal to what you send.

If one day we get servos with real position feedback that would be a different matter, but that isn't really a thing yet (although some manufacturers are working on that AFAIK). Telemetry bandwidth might become a limitation then.

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”