Copying from X9E to X9D

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
pchristy

Copying from X9E to X9D

Post by pchristy »

Not sure if this is the right place for this question, so please bear with me!

I have a model set up on a Taranis X9E (OpenTx 2.1.6) which I would like to copy to an X9D (OpenTx 2.1.7). Is there a way to achieve this without having to re-enter every setting manually?

I've been trying to do this in Companion copying the X9E model into my X9D eepe. This produces an error message, which I can stop by going through the setup and changing the (obviously) faulty data - usually an auxiliary channel having lost its name / assignment. However, even having done all that, when I try and load the model into the X9D for real, I get a compatibility error message.

What am I missing? Or am I expecting the impossible?

Cheers,

--
Pete

pchristy

Re: Copying from X9E to X9D

Post by pchristy »

Well, I finally got this to work! I'm not sure what I did wrong on my previous attempts, but copying it from one eepe file to the other, then manually fixing any errors seemed to do it.

When I started trying at first, I used the individual model backup file (.bin). That certainly didn't work. I tried that first because I understand that writing a whole eepe file copies ALL the transmitter setup details (stick calibration, etc) which I really didn't want to risk!

When that didn't work, I tried copying from the model from the X9E eepe file to the X9D eepe file, and then writing that straight back to the Tx. It seems to have worked today, which is odd because I'm sure that's what I tried yesterday! I must have been tired, or maybe its my age......!

;-)

Cheers,

--
Pete

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”