D8 missing for my EU Taranis Plus

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
simonjux

D8 missing for my EU Taranis Plus

Post by simonjux »

HELP! Im sure this has been asked a thousand times on this forum but here we go again.

I have just received my Taranis Plus. I purchased a number of the non telemetry V8F receivers with it. I understand it needs to bind in D8 mode but on my tx I only have the 16-eu option. I have read I need to change firmware on tx topre EU but this is foreign to me! I have companion downloaded but other than that ........

I do not have a cable that i have seen for changing firmware in RX so I am hoping I can just change the TX firmware?

Any help would be much appreciated!

bertrand35
9x Developer

Re: D8 missing for my EU Taranis Plus

Post by bertrand35 »

Are you German? Andreas asked us to provide a "special" version for DE market (to be ok with EU laws ...)
If you need the "standard" version, download it from OpenTX Companion, you will again have support for all receivers.
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

Another way to use them in a Taranis is to insert a DJT module in the external module bay and use PPM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

You need to change the radio's main firmware (OpenTX) AND the internal RF module firmware. Since of the beginning of this year due to change in European RF regulations radios transmitting in D8 mode cannot be sold anymore, so that is no more present on radios sold in Europe.

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”