Newbie - Forgot to backup EEPROM - What is default battery..

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
sofakng

Newbie - Forgot to backup EEPROM - What is default battery..

Post by sofakng »

I've just received my Blade Nano QX and FrSky Taranis X9D Plus + Orange RX kit.

After receiving the transmitter, I flashed an EEPROM with settings for the Blade Nano QX but I realized that after flashing it, it kept giving me throttle warnings. I figured out I needed to calibrate the sticks and now it's working fine but I keep getting low battery warnings even after charging for 4+ hours.

I think the problem is that this EEPROM that I flashed has the wrong battery settings.

My X9D Plus came with a G-2000 LSD Ni-MH battery (2000 mAh, 7.2V) and I think the Taranis is expecting a higher voltage so it' giving me warnings. What are the correct battery settings?

Because I'm a newbie, I didn't backup my original EEPROM (but I did backup the firmware, which wasn't needed I guess) so I can't restore it to check it.

Also, do I need to reset anything else after flashing somebody elses EEPROM besides battery settings and recalibrating the sticks?

Thanks so much...

Kilrah

Re: Newbie - Forgot to backup EEPROM - What is default batte

Post by Kilrah »

You usually don't flash someone's entire eeprom, you read yours, open theirs, copy the model from theirs to yours, then flash back yours. That way all your settings and calibration (and more importantly your models) are kept.

I have my battery warning at 6.8V. Might be good to check the battery voltage calibration too.
dvogonen

Re: Sv: Newbie - Forgot to backup EEPROM - What is default b

Post by dvogonen »

Please note that you have to measure the battery voltage with the transmitter turned on to calibrate the transmitter voltage reading.
sofakng

Post by sofakng »

How do I do that?

I've used a multimeter to read the battery when it wasn't plugged in, and then I entered the voltage on the Taranis (actually, the Taranis was already correct).

If the battery is plugged in, I would have to splice extra wires on there to read it while it's connected, right?
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

While it's more accurate to measure with the battery under load, the transmitter does not draw enough current to pull down the voltage a great deal. I measured mine at 8.07v with transmitter off and 8.00v with it turned on (and with RF module on for maximum load).

I would just measure the voltage with the battery out of the transmitter (you can touch the voltmeter probes on the metal connectors without plugging anything in). Then plug in and calibrate the voltage on a model that has RF modules turned off (to minimize the drain).

I would do this with a battery that has operated for an hour or more so you are in the relatively flat mid range. Don't do it with a battery fresh off charge, as the voltage drops rapidly at first.

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I would calibrate it with a battery that is nearly discharged. Like that we will have better accuracy where we need it. Around the voltage we want the alarm to sound..

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”