Mixing telemetry input with controls

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
c131frdave

Mixing telemetry input with controls

Post by c131frdave »

I'm trying to read all I can about the Taranis before I get mine (just ordered it).

I was wondering, is it possible to take data from your telemetry and use it to mix? For example, I have a foamy EDF that was designed for and came with a 4S 2200kv 70mm EDF. It's okay, but not fast enough for my tastes. So I installed a 6S system with four times the power. But the model was designed with a built in positive AOA for the weak power system, so when I go over 80mph or so, it starts to pitch up. The usual fix is to mix in down elevator with throttle, but being a EDF, it doesn't accelerate all that quickly, so if I'm going slow and hammer it, it pitches down for a few seconds before leveling out. Could you take speed information from a GPS and use that as your mix criteria instead of throttle position?

If the answer to this question is yes, you all have created the most awesome radio system in history. Image

Kilrah

Re: Mixing telemetry input with controls

Post by Kilrah »

It's not in the current release, but is already implemented for V2.0 :)
c131frdave

Post by c131frdave »

Wow.

V2.0 slated for release when? Is it in beta?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

https://github.com/opentx/opentx/issues/milestones

The due dates are wild guesses though. 2.0 has slipped quite a few times already as we want to finish everything that needs a change in eeprom format, and new ideas have kept coming...
c131frdave

Post by c131frdave »

That's awesome. It almost makes me want to go take a class at the community college so I can help write code. lol

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”