Which receiver to go with

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
tintin

Which receiver to go with

Post by tintin »

Hello all,
Just a Simple question.Providing that space and money aren't a problem, should I just get the X8R receiver to use on all my planes with a Taranis TX? I just fly gliders, planes and glow helis.

The only thing that might swing it would be if any of the other receivers has more ports available.
I like to provide dual power supplies to my old 35 meg setup. I just put them in a spare Rx port. Can I do the same with some, or all of the frsky recievers.

Many thanks

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Which receiver to go with

Post by MikeB »

The X8R has 8 channel outputs and SPort for telemetry, SBUS for extra channels and an RSSI port. These 3 extra ports all have power and ground on them. If you don't need some of them you could use them for the power input, just connecting power and ground.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

The X8R has more ports you can supply power to, including 2 that you will probably not use for anything else. On the other hand, the D8R-II Plus or D8R-XP have the ability to measure a flight battery voltage with a simple inexpensive sensor. But it doesn't have more ports than the 8 servo plugs to which you can supply power.
tintin

Post by tintin »

Ok
Just keeping this simple. If I wanted to use 8x servos on all 8 channels where would the battery supply go for (1)1x battery ?
(2) 2x battery supplies?

I currently use 2x power supplies on the 50cc plane 1 going into the JR 35 meg receiver where it says battery and the other just goes into an unused port.

The thing that strikes me with the JR receiver is it has a dedicated battery port.

Regards
Bill

Post by Bill »

Use a 'Y' lead
“A good politician is quite as unthinkable as an honest banker”
They used to say "if you don’t want to work at McDonald’s, go to college." Now they say "if you want to work at McDonald’s, go to college.”

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

On the X8R, use SBUS and RSSI, still leaving SPort free unless you want sensors connected.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”