Setting fail safe to Guardian level flight mode

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
CertaCito

Setting fail safe to Guardian level flight mode

Post by CertaCito »

Wonder if anyone could help. I'm trying to figure out how to make my plane do this:

If RSSI is lost = throttle to zero and switch to Guardian 2d level flight mode.

Guardian 2d level flight mode is on switch SEv. I'm still learning open TX on the Taranis and I can't figure out how to do this, I assume I need to set up a custom function?

Any help gratefully received..... :roll:
Barry

Kilrah

Re: Setting fail safe to Guardian level flight mode

Post by Kilrah »

You simply need to set your failsafe.

If RSSI is lost it means your receiver doesn't hear your radio anymore, so whatever you mix in it won't arrive on the other end!
CertaCito

Post by CertaCito »

Ah right, so I can set the motor to go to off and set all channels to do 'something' but not make the plane go to a switch position, ie the stabiliser level flight switch? That's a shame as the plane would 'land' as opposed to crash. Oh well, never mind, just a thought, thanks anyway.......
Barry
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

The failsafe will force all receiver outputs to a predetermined state, which for the channel that controls your stabiliser can of course be the one that corresponds to the switch position you want.

You just define where you want each channel to go. How exactly this is set up depends on the receiver you're using, and is generally mentioned in the manual.
CertaCito

Post by CertaCito »

Thanks Kilrah, it's all making sense now. The stabiliser 2d wing levelling mode is on ch5 so I guess I just need to program ch5 in the fail safe. The only issue I have now is I'm using a V8R7-II so i cant set it using companion so I'll set the fail safe as per the v8r7-II instructions. The fog is clearing now LOL ..........
Thanks again mate......
Barry

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”