Solved-Cannot install USB driver for C9x and Taranis

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
butchalline

Solved-Cannot install USB driver for C9x and Taranis

Post by butchalline »

Noobie - no flaming please!

Using Taranis OEM firmware ver.opentx-x9d , C9X v1.1.02, 1.51 (2319), Win(ugh)8.

Using device manager to install STM32 driver per instructions here:google code

I get this error message (could not insert image,see attachment):
stm32 usb driver.JPG
Any help would be appreciated.
Last edited by butchalline on Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kilrah

Re: Cannot install USB driver for C9x and Taranis

Post by Kilrah »

I think that with Win 8 you need to reboot in "disable driver signature enforcement" mode to isntall it.
butchalline

Re: Cannot install USB driver for C9x and Taranis

Post by butchalline »

Thank you Kilrah. You are correct. I worked out driver installations on Win 8 a year ago, but I forgot about it plus I could not see any relationship between "driver install permissions" and "add the driver to the store".

In case anyone needs to install drivers on win8, here is the procedure that worked for me:

Procedure for installing an unsigned driver on Win 8. 1/8/2013 by Buch Alline K8KO
1. Move mouse to the upper right hand corner of screen to view the "Charms bar" fly out window.
2. Quickly select "Settings" at the bottom of the window. If you wait too long, the Charm bar will disappear and you will have to start over.
3. At the very bottom of the black "Settings" window, click on "Change PC settings".
4. On the next gray and white screen, in the gray area, click on "General".
5. On the right, white side of the screen, scroll all the way down to "Advanced start up".
6. Click on the blue "Restart now" box. You will get a "wait" screen.
7. On the blue "Chose an option" screen, click on "Troubleshoot".
8. On the blue "Troubleshoot" screen, click on "Advanced options".
9. On the blue "Advanced options" screen, click on " Startup settings" in the lower right corner.
10. On the blue "Startup settings" screen, click on the light blue "Restart" box. The screen will go black then go to a blue screen.
11. On the blue "Startup settings" screen, quickly tap the number 7 key or the function key F7. If you are lucky, the computer will restart automatically. If you waited too long to make the selection, the computer will just shut down!
12. After signing in, go to the control panel > hardware and sound>devices and printers>device manager and locate the device that needs a driver.
13. Right click on the device and select "update driver software".
14. Click "Browse my computer".
15. In "browse for driver...", browse and navigate to the location of the unsigned driver.
16. Click OK and you will get a pop up warning. Select "install anyway"
17. Your driver should now be installed. If it did not install, you will have to start all over again since this "permission to install unsigned drivers" is only given once.
18. You may have to reboot for the new driver to take effect.

Good luck - with Win 8 you will need it!

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”