FrSky Taranis X9D Serial Port

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
citykid

FrSky Taranis X9D Serial Port

Post by citykid »

Hello openRC Forum!

First post here...

I am currently waiting on delivery of an FrSky Taranis X9D.

I will be using it with a Hexcopter with camera gimbal, using a MultiWii flight controller. I want to send various MultiWii telemetry messages back to the ground via the Taranis serial channel.

There are a few questions I need answering:

1) The Taranis system supports a bi-directional serial data link between the TX and model, when using telemetry enabled receivers, is this correct?

2) Does anyone know the baud rate / bit pattern of this serial link? I'm guessing 9600 baud 8N1...?

3) Where does the serial data appear on the X9D unit? Does it come out of one of the battery compartment ports?

4) If 3) is true, what voltage level is this port at? I would like to "relay" the received telemetry messages to my Ground Station using a small Bluetooth serial transceiver...

Many thanks in advanced for your help!

citykid
Radios: Taranis X9D with homebrew haptic and LiPo battery & Horus X12S (Beta Unit 34) now PROD spec.

Chairman of Greenacres Model Aero Club - North Birmingham, UK

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: FrSky Taranis X9D Serial Port

Post by MikeB »

While the Taranis supports a bi-directional data link, no code or hardware exists yet to support it. FrSky will be producing units for both ends to allow a serial, bi-directional datalink.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”