How do you change the screen contrast?

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
MrClean

How do you change the screen contrast?

Post by MrClean »

With my experience on my JR radios, when the display gets warmer the screen changes intensity making it necessary to adjust screen contrast. It's listed on the front cover there what buttons to push to get the screen to change. I can't find any reference to this in the manual for the Taranis and the one place where I see an option in companion doesn't really seem to change anything for me.

Is there a button combo that I'm missing on the Taranis?

Romolo
9x Developer

Re: How do you change the screen contrast?

Post by Romolo »

which firmware do you have on your taranis ?
MrClean

Post by MrClean »

On the radio it say opentx -r2588 but when I click on the preferences tag on Opentx it says 2688. Don't know why those two are off or xactly how to fix it yet, that would be a nice question too. I've seen in the general settings tab where you can adjust backlight and contrast there but it doesn't seem to make a difference after I adjust it and flash the eeprom.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

As far as I understand the original fw shipped with the radio is not able to adjust contrast.. You must update to the latest revision to have that feature ;)

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

The latest Openrx FW for Taranis does have contrast for sure and I believe brightness now.
Worth upgrading. Just let c9x download the Taranis option and give it a try.

MrClean

Post by MrClean »

Yes, there it is now. What had really happened causing me problems is the lower level with no contrast control and then me reading everyone adjusting theres. I looked at the downloaded level of FW and it is current BUT it wasn't burned to my transmitter and I couldn't get it there for the life of me. Then I remembered when I brought up the configuration screen I hit the No Heli option. What do you know, I have a No Heli file in my flash folder. Loaded that one up and voila, Contrast control. Inside, in my rather cool bedroom I have the contrast turned way up. When it gets hot outside I generally have to turn the all black screen down and it goes back and forth here that way. Lovely Kansas type weather. Too dang cold in the winter, too dang hot in the summer.

Anyways, I'm current on the Firmware and my problem again is solved.

Thanks.

Should probably hit that donation button right about now.

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”