Not sure where to find these settings on my X9D plus

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
polska

Not sure where to find these settings on my X9D plus

Post by polska »

Hi, first time user here. I recently constructed a drone for a summer project, with potentially relevant components being 4 Multistar Elite 2306-2150KV 'MINI MONSTER' Quad Racing Motors, Turnigy MultiStar BLheli_32 ARM 4 in 1 20A Race Spec ESC 2~4S (Opto), a PX4 flight controller, a FrSky R-XSR Ultra Mini Redundancy Receiver (US), and an FrSky Taranis X9D plus.
Wiring is haphazard for the moment since I want to test the alignment of the motors before I solder anything. I've successfully bound the receiver to my transmitter. However, no motor responds when I use the throttle. I was given a list of instructions for the setup of the drone, however I'm not sure how to execute these instructions (ie I'm not sure what page the options for these are on) on the Taranis, and I'm not sure if it's related to no response from the throttle.
​1.2​ Perform ESC calibration (with FRSky)

Power> ESC PWM Minimum and Maximum Calibration

​1.3​ Transmitter setup (with FRSky)
Setup the outputs in the controller.
05 S1
06 S2
07 SA
08 SB
Then, set the mixers so the output matches the channels.
Reduce the sound output if desired.

​1.4​ Fail safe (with FRSky)
Setup the fail safe to custom. Then, press set. Throttle should be at -100, and the other channels should be neutral, except for the switches, which should be up.

Kilrah

Re: Not sure where to find these settings on my X9D plus

Post by Kilrah »

Forget about that bit, the most likely thing is you haven't configured the proper receiver type and interface in your pixhawk. You must check in the ground station software for proper control signal operation way before you do anything with the actual motors.
There's a LOT to set up in a flight controller before it will do anything.

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”