What is "Electricity Alarm"

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
Gerty64p

What is "Electricity Alarm"

Post by Gerty64p »

I get Electricity Alarm after I installed a SD Card with all the data What Triggers this warning ????

also I get a warning SD card warning "Expected ver: 2.2V0010 What do I need to do to NOT get this warning??

I have not updated any firmware since I got the radio and am ASSUMING it just 2.2 I got the radio about 2-3 months ago and am trying to learn all the whistles and bell. How can I check what is on the TX??

Can Some one help a Newbe to this open TX stuff Not New to RC been flying models for over 50 years

Paul

Kilrah

Re: What is "Electricity Alarm"

Post by Kilrah »

Youi're probably hearing "inactivity alarm". Triggers when you forget the radio on and don't touch it for some configurable amount of time.

For the SD card you need the right contents for your version. Version is in the radio settings menu, version screen.
Gerty64p

Post by Gerty64p »

NO it is definitely "Electricity Alarm" I have heard it enough times that I paid close attention to it

now I have discovered a couple of Items that MIGHT explain it
first off I heard it A LOT when I just had the radio on (Transmitter) with out a RX
this afternoon I plaid with some things one of witch was Binding a RX to the TX and hooking up some servos
when I did this I Still heard it but not as often. I had not charged the RX battery for quite a while so I just put it on change for the night and will check every thing again in the morning to see if it the issue is that its NOT RECEIVING Battery voltage BACK from the RX

will post a follow up in the AM
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

There is no "electricity alarm" anywhere in the stock system, but "Inactivity alarm" is the closest sounding one that exists. Not receiving RX voltage wouldn't do an alarm unless you configured one yourself.

Having the wrong sound files for your version could however cause incorrect things to play, so solve that first.

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”