Binding Difficulties/Failsafe with XM+

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
yyz

Binding Difficulties/Failsafe with XM+

Post by yyz »

Just built my first drone and bought an X7S with XM+ for it.

The first problem I had was it wouldn't bind. Did a search online and some people said if the transmitter is too close to the receiver it won't bind. Sure enough, if I move 4 feet away it binds successfully. Problem solved, or so I thought.

I was testing my drone in my living room (hovering) to practice the controls and it will randomly failsafe and drop. The LED on the XM+ goes red and after a few seconds it turns green and I can arm/fly again. This happens perhaps once every minute or so.

Are these related? Could the proximity issue in regards to binding also be the cause of losing contact (I'm too close to my drone)? Anyone seen any similar issues? A buddy at work has an X7 and 2 drones with the XM+ and doesn't see this issue.

RickTee

Re: Binding Difficulties/Failsafe with XM+

Post by RickTee »

I am seeing this occasionally, assumed its flooding. Interested to hear what others have to say.
pbergs96

Post by pbergs96 »

I am having the exact same issue been trying to work it out all day even swapped the xm+ for another xm+ i had laying around same issue

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk

Carbo

Post by Carbo »

You can fly inhouse in rangetestmode with reduced power to verify, if swamping ist causing your issue.

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”