Taranis Q x7 and frsky X6R Eu compatability

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
natman11

Taranis Q x7 and frsky X6R Eu compatability

Post by natman11 »

Hi, so i recently purchased a taranis Q x7 and a x6r receiver thinking they were compatible. I am from the uk so I bought both with EU LBT firmware. when my receiver came I upgraded the opentx firmware ticking the eu box, but this shouldn't effect the internal module should it? When I came to bind the receiver and transmitter, I did this by putting my TX in bind mode, it was beeping I then powered on the Rx holding the FS button, it would not bind no matter how long I waited. I am starting to be unsure if the Tx and Rx are compatible. To futher confuse things it says in the Q X7 manual that it is compatible with X series receivers with eu firmware, yet on the RX manual it says that the receiver is only compatible with the taranis x9D and +. I was wondering has anyone else had the same issue with binding, or compatibility and if they had any suggestions as to what to do. I am very new to this hobby and any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks :D

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Taranis Q x7 and frsky X6R Eu compatability

Post by MikeB »

I normally power on the Rx in bind mode first. It should show a solid red LED. Then use the bind option on the Tx. If the Rx binds, then it starts flashing the red LED. At that point, take the Tx out of bind mode, and power the Rx off and on to get any servo response.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
gecko

Re: Taranis Q x7 and frsky X6R Eu compatability

Post by gecko »

Hi,

I have got the same problem - no binding. Tried with two receivers and differnent firmware. Without luck.

gecko

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”