STK - cannot find device

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
sande005

STK - cannot find device

Post by sande005 »

Screen shot of issue
Screen shot of issue
Just trying it out, nominally to upgrade my x8r firmware. Driver installed fine, and was initially on com4. I changed it to com2 as part of troubleshooting. Just hangs at the "finding device" screen. Nothing plugged into the STK (not even a cord, let alone a receiver). Running Win10, 64bit.
Not a huge deal, yet - until I start playing with my S8R. I can, of course, flash the x8R via the Taranis. Any thoughts on getting the STK to be found?

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: STK - cannot find device

Post by MikeB »

The STK is fine, the "device" it is trying to find is either a receiver, Tx module, or a sensor that you want to update.
A note: do not connect (or power up) the device you wish to update until you get to this point.
Make sure you use the correct connector on the STK, with the switch in the correct position, depending on whether you are updating firmware or are configuring a S6R/S8R.
You can configure the S8R using the LUA script on the Taranis as well.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Scotti

Post by Scotti »

Good morning,
My first shot at this, so here goes!
Running Win10 64 bit and trying to use the FrSky STK tool but the software repeatedly gives the same error message "serial port not found or occupied or state change failed".
I have copied Qextserialport.dll into WoW64, as advised, to no avail.
Completed various scans and clean-ups, as advised, ditto.
I cannot see the STK in Device Manager..USB Controllers, should I expect to? I have not seen this referred to anywhere....is this relevant and if so what do I do?
Your help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

The STK should appear in the device manager in COM ports. if not make sure the drivers are installed, and it actually works (any USB connection ssound when plugging it in?)
Scotti

Post by Scotti »

Pardon my ignorance, by "Com port" do you mean USB composite device found in USB Serial Bus Controllers?
i have found 4 in Hidden Devices that are "unconnected". If so, what do I do next?

sande005

Post by sande005 »

Under Device Manager - as attached:
Attachments
Capture.JPG

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”