Taranis problem or receiver problem????

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
Wildvortex

Taranis problem or receiver problem????

Post by Wildvortex »

While working on 2 different models one which seemed like it was having a receiver battery problem so left on to see if it was now working right (X8R) and a new nitro model (S8R) I noticed that once bound the other model left on was responding.
So, I decided to see if there are other models that control that one receiver and found that 3 different models setup are binding with that one receiver bound to another model. This of course scares me, am I going back to FM days where I have to worry about someone turning on their TX?

Any ideas? Was this a bad firmware issue?

Oh yah, I rebound that model and still was able to control it with other models.

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Taranis problem or receiver problem????

Post by MikeB »

Change the "Receiver number" inthe Tx protocol menu before binding.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Other radios won't be able to control it anyway. The receiver is bound to your radio ONLY, so that won't happen.
But other models programmed in your radio will control that receiver if the receiver number is the same..
The worst it could happen would be you trying to operate that model with the wrong model loaded on the radio..

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Wildvortex

Post by Wildvortex »

Ok, thanks. I have it now. I guess the number becomes the same from copying models. Other wise it uses the slot number when you create a new model for a receiver number, correct?

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”