Model ID issue

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
rcgyuk

Model ID issue

Post by rcgyuk »

Hi,

Discovered a potential issue with Taranis and X series receivers.

If you create a new model, it allocates a new model ID, and if you try to change it you get a warning if you pick an ID already in use.

BUT

If you copy a model, and bind a new RX, you can quite happily bind to the same model ID of the model you copied from.

I had one of my X8R in a friends model, with a dual RX switch to switch from his Spektrum RX to my X8R RX

Went to fly one of my models, and ended up taking over control of his as well. Fortunately, it was on the ground at the time.

Any thoughts ?

Robert

Kilrah

Re: Model ID issue

Post by Kilrah »

TigerOC

Post by TigerOC »

Relates to the Rx number allocated to the receiver. When you copied the model you also copied the receiver number as well.

Sent from my XT1700 using Tapatalk

rcgyuk

Post by rcgyuk »

Agreed, my point is it shouldn't have let me do that. When you copy a model, it should generate a new model ID
TigerOC

Re: RE: Re: Model ID issue

Post by TigerOC »

rcgyuk wrote:Agreed, my point is it shouldn't have let me do that. When you copy a model, it should generate a new model ID
But you have given it a new identity because it has a new number on the model list You need to change the receiver number. That identifies the receiver to the TX. Whilst there is a short cut to enable the copying of a model there is basic understanding that you will allocate a new RX with new number.

Sent from my XT1700 using Tapatalk

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

rcgyuk wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 2:55 pm Agreed, my point is it shouldn't have let me do that. When you copy a model, it should generate a new model ID
It does not because a lot of people would be pissed off to have to rebind when they move models.

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”