ER9X & QX7 - Missing Bind Menu

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
kiwihornplayer

ER9X & QX7 - Missing Bind Menu

Post by kiwihornplayer »

I have loaded latest pre-release version of ER9X on my QX7. Everything seems to be there except the Protocols Page is missing stuff including Bind and Range Check menus. Should I just re-flash to fix the problem?

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: ER9X & QX7 - Missing Bind Menu

Post by MikeB »

Have you set the protocol to "XJT" rather than "PPM"?
I'll check, but so I'm looking at the same firmware, what date ad time do you have on the "Version" menu?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
kiwihornplayer

Post by kiwihornplayer »

Thanks Mike.
(Face palm) I had switched between Open-TX and er9x a couple of times comparing the features with a preference for ER9X due to running it on a 9X fitted with Extreme Board. I picked up on the PPM/XJT change the first time but have overlooked it this time. Thanks.
thweekender

Post by thweekender »

kiwihornplayer wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 6:03 am I have loaded latest pre-release version of ER9X on my QX7. Everything seems to be there except the Protocols Page is missing stuff including Bind and Range Check menus. Should I just re-flash to fix the problem?
Hi guys, I recently acquired a Qx7S and would like to use ER9X instead of openTX. Could you please tell me what version of ER9X is compatible and are there any specific flashing instructions ? Any specific setup instructions?

Much appreciated.
Whoever dies with the most toys wins. Malcolm Forbes
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

You need ersky9x for the QX7. Go here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4676, download "ersky9xProvR221f7.zip", extract "x7_rom.bin from the .zip file and flash that to the radio.
You also need to run eepskye on your PC (not eepe). If you have eepe installed already, you should find eepskye.exe in the same directory.
You need to update eepskye, from the same place, you will find "eepskye.zip", dated 28-Nov-2017 22:40. Download this and copy it to your eepe directory. Just in case of problems, rename the existing eepskye.exe so you can revert if necessary.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer

thweekender

Post by thweekender »

MikeB wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:39 pm You need ersky9x for the QX7. Go here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4676, download "ersky9xProvR221f7.zip", extract "x7_rom.bin from the .zip file and flash that to the radio.
You also need to run eepskye on your PC (not eepe). If you have eepe installed already, you should find eepskye.exe in the same directory.
You need to update eepskye, from the same place, you will find "eepskye.zip", dated 28-Nov-2017 22:40. Download this and copy it to your eepe directory. Just in case of problems, rename the existing eepskye.exe so you can revert if necessary.

Mike.
Thanks a bunch Mike! One more question, could you please point me in the right direction with regards to getting the SD card working with QX7? I understand there are some specific steps that have to be taken in order for the SD card to work with ER9x?
Thanks again Mike.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

The SD card itself should work without any special changes.
It is recommended the SD card is formatted wit FAT32, and with a 32K cluster size. There is a specific SD card formatter available, search for "SDFormatter.exe".

THe main item you need on the SD card is the voice pack, download it from here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7715.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
thweekender

Post by thweekender »

MikeB wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:44 pm The SD card itself should work without any special changes.
It is recommended the SD card is formatted wit FAT32, and with a 32K cluster size. There is a specific SD card formatter available, search for "SDFormatter.exe".

THe main item you need on the SD card is the voice pack, download it from here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7715.

Mike.
Hi Mike, and thank you again for taking the time to answer. The last piece of this puzzle seems to be the bootloader flashing. Is that something that I would need to do after following the steps you described? If yes, what is the procedure and where do I get the correct bootloader file from?
This is for QX7S
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

You should be able to continue to use the openTx bootloader, however this is how to flash the ersky9x bootloader.
The bootloader is part of the x7_rom.bin file. Copy this file to a "Firmware" directory on the SD card.
Now power on the radio holding the two horizontal trims APART. This starts ersky9x in "Maintenance mode". Select the option "Update Bootloader", then select the x7_rom.bin file and confirm you wish to flash it.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”