Channel 5 doesn't do anything!

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
summitfpv

Channel 5 doesn't do anything!

Post by summitfpv »

I'm trying to set up up and down movement on channel 5 for my camera gimbal, but when I add the ls or anything for that mater it does nothing, all other channels work fine. Channel 1 is my only other free spot and that just send the servo flying off in one way, channel 5 does nothing it moves a tiny bit then the ls doesn't make anything work?

rdeanchurch

Re: Channel 5 doesn't do anything!

Post by rdeanchurch »

What transmitter and what firmware?
Posting your model file as an eepe or otx makes it easier for others to help.
We have no idea how your inputs or mixes are setup as stated above...or what the ls is that you set.
Dean
OldDmbThms: 1. Takeoff, 2. Crash, 3. Repair, GOTO 1
rdeanchurch

Post by rdeanchurch »

Here is how I did it on a QX7 with 2.2n371 firmware
Attachments
UpDownAnd Azimuth-Gimbals.jpg
Dean
OldDmbThms: 1. Takeoff, 2. Crash, 3. Repair, GOTO 1
summitfpv

Post by summitfpv »

You lost me guys! I haven't got any pc software ATM, I am using ezuhf jr module and 8 channel lite rx, I plug servo (pan) into any other channel and it works fine but channel 5 doesn't respond? I have no clue what firmware im running either and have a Mac book, so can't get the imrc software on Mac :( I set the rs to one servo fine ch4 and did the same for channel 5 and it doesn't seem like the rx or tx know anything is plugged in. There is power there tho.
bob195558

Post by bob195558 »

I believe CH5 is not being used (nothing programmed there).
CH5 needs to be programmed in "Mixes", is it programmed in "Mixes" ?
Show us what you have with a picture.

Bob B.
Er9x on 9x radio, with Smartieparts Programmer and TelemetrEZ Board.
ErSky9x on Taranis, Sky9x, 9Xtreme radios.
3D-Printing: (https://openrcforums.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=129).

summitfpv

Post by summitfpv »

I hve tried a standard mix as in ch5 left switch thing( or any other movement i.e. Sticks , weight 100 everything else standard, and the servo centres but it's almost like there is 0 weight, swap over to another channel bar 1 and it works fine. Weird, as I don't hve a windows pc I can't download anything to go deeper. I wonder if there is any shops or communities local to me in the uk. After all all I'm trying to do is use 7/8channels on the 8channel rx? Seems weird that channels 1 & 5 don't seem to operate anything.

I do have a new receiver 8channel lite but as it's new I cannot try it because it doesn't bind....

I can put pictures up of the screen, if this will help? What screen shots will help? And any information needed i.e. Firmware? Is I can access through the controller. At me wits end, I just found out my vtx is now broken too... :(
bob195558

Post by bob195558 »

I use erSky9x firmware on my Taranis, so opentx has a few differences.
So I think you have a the Taranis-Plus radio and you are using the "ImmersionRC EzUHF JR Module" with the "ImmersionRC EzUHF 8 Channel 'Lite' Receiver" or the "IRLEZUHF8LITE ImmersionRC EzUHF 8 Channel 'Lite' Receiver".
I think the protocol setting for this EzUHF JR Module is "PPM".
I think the channel order is "AETR"
and are you using "Mode 2" for your control sticks configuration ? :?:
CH 1 should be "A" Ailerons
CH 2 should be "E" Elevators
CH 3 should be "T" Throttle
CH 4 should be "R" Rudder

I do not have this "ImmersionRC EzUHF JR Module" so I am not sure how it needs to be setup for sure.
I did a search and this is what it found: (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4&p=57812&hilit=Imm ... T+R#p57812),
but they are using erSky9x firmware back in 2013.
youtube: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt-qZmIEJfI) and (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NFkpGN5FLc)
and (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxekEdilVeA).

Maybe some one will see this who can help you better then I can.

Bob B.
Er9x on 9x radio, with Smartieparts Programmer and TelemetrEZ Board.
ErSky9x on Taranis, Sky9x, 9Xtreme radios.
3D-Printing: (https://openrcforums.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=129).
summitfpv

Post by summitfpv »

Ok so I installed firmware bonded the new rx 8channel lite and wala it works on all 8channels! So happy I figured it out, had to buy a laptop charger £40! And I figured out its running v1.52 extreme hopping then I binded through pc to the tx and all 8channels now operate!!!!!! So glad anyways now I've done this my pan and tilt servos don't go to their full capacity it's almost half what they can do when everything is powered off! ? Any ideas on this?? I'm also going to reinstall firmware on my older rx and make sure it's outputting 8channels for a friend.

Let me know if you know anything about the servos movement as I can go left 45degrees and right when the servo can go a full 90 either way from centre? I tried pressing extended limits which didn't do anything? Thanks for the help so far!
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

The EzUHF is known to limit travel. Nothing you can do but install a servo extender between receiver and servo.
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

Servo travel is normally limited to about 45 - 50 degrees each way at the absolute maximum. Servos do not normally allow anywhere near 90 degrees without modification.

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”