6-pos switch with A01 Taranis and Companion 2.1.x ?

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
gsjames

6-pos switch with A01 Taranis and Companion 2.1.x ?

Post by gsjames »

I have an early A01 Taranis X9D and I have modified it by replacing the S2 pot with the 6-position switch. I use it with APM 2.6 and PixHawk flight controllers to control the flight modes of the autopilot. I calibrated and re-mapped the positions of the switch using the Special Functions Override feature. Companion 2.0.20 correctly identifies each switch position, i.e. S21, S22, S23, etc. Of course, the raw output of the switch doesn't meet the pwm required by the APM/PixHawk, so I used the Special Function over ride feature to re-assign the desired output pwm. EX: sf5: S23 Override Ch 5 -15. This has worked extremely well.

HOWEVER: when I wanted to upgrade to Companion 2.1.x versions, the new version doesn't seem to see the 6-postion switch as being valid and has changed all of the S21, S22, S23, etc., values to Flight Mode values, i.e. !FM1, etc. I was able to "go back" and as long as I use Companion 2.0.20 I can pretty much do what I intended to.

Is there a better way to use the 6-position switch in the S2 position to control APM/PixHawk flight modes in an A01 Taranis using Companion 2.1.x? I would like to upgrade to use Companion 2.1.x but am satisfied with continuing to use 2.0.20 if that is what I'll have to do. I have done a lot of searching on the internet and haven't really found a good solution. Thanks in advance. An .eepe would be helpful in understanding.

gsjames

Re: 6-pos switch with A01 Taranis and Companion 2.1.x ?

Post by gsjames »

Like Rosanna Rosanna Danna said: "Never mind..." I figured it out. For some reason, the hardware general settings in 2.1.x did not bring across the fact that S2 is a 6-position switch from the 2.0.20 version. I edited the general settings and lo and behold, the S21-S26 entries magically reappear. I am on the road right now, so I can't check it out with my actual transmitter, but when I get home, I'll back up the transmitter and see if everything works correctly on 2.1.x Thanks!

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”