Q-X7 Missing or Invisible Sound Files

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
MaxRelaxed

Q-X7 Missing or Invisible Sound Files

Post by MaxRelaxed »

Hi,

I have just transferred the "Amber Sound Pack" to the correct spot on the SD card in my Q-X7.

I have found that some of the .wav files are missing/invisible when trying to allocated "tracks" to the switches, etc.

This was also happening with the OpenTX Speaker .wav files.

The files can be seen when connecting the radio to the PC either through File Explorer of OpenTX Companion but not on the actual radio interface.

When I renamed some of these files (e.g. lorates.wav to ratelo.wav) then they do appear and work fine, weird.

I was wondering if anyone knows why this is happening and if there is some of a "blanked fix" for this.

MaxRelaxed

Re: Q-X7 Missing or Invisible Sound Files

Post by MaxRelaxed »

I have just found a fix for this, please see this link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wBtWqVthV8

Thank you "Project Blue Falcon".

In short, the radio has trouble reading a file name longer than 6 characters long.

Simply rename the file names so they are 6 characters or less and "you'll be apples".
ulfh

Post by ulfh »

I have had the same experience and solution. I wonder why the Q X7 have this restriction in file naming? Does anyone know?

Skickat från min GT-I9505 via Tapatalk

jtaylor

Post by jtaylor »

It's not the QX7 that has the restriction, it is the 2.2 firmware and affects all radios. The length was reduced to gain eeprom space for additional functionality such as 32 more logical switches.

Jim
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

One of the reasons I never got a Taranis. It has a 32Kb eeprom. Even my 9XR-PRO has a 512Kb eeprom. The 9xtreme board has 1024Kb I think.
And Frsky just made the same mistake with the QX7. I wonder if they will ever learn? :)
I think Mike (Ersky9x Developer) is looking into solving this problem for Ersky9x. Then is up to the openTX developers to also implement it.
Then you could probably have your 8 characters back :D

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

The choice is a balance considering screen space availability, eeprom usage and ram usage.

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”