6 position switch predicament.

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
Deadtillten

6 position switch predicament.

Post by Deadtillten »

Hi,
I'm new to the forum and I am looking for advice on fixing my 6 postion switch.
I successfully fitted the switch and it worked fine for a couple of months. It suddenly changed from a 6 switch to a 3 position switch.
My first thoughts were the switch itself had failed and purchased a new one. After fitting the new switch it remained the same.
I am not sure but I updated the companion and firmware. Could this be the culprit or is it something else ?
Anybody got any ideas as to what is going on ?
Advice would be gratefully received !
Jimmy.

Bosshawg

Re: 6 position switch predicament.

Post by Bosshawg »

Mine had worked then didn't work after flashing opentx 2.2 until i configured Hardware page in the Radio Setup menu (set S3 to Multi-Pos Switch). :idea:
Deadtillten

Post by Deadtillten »

I have checked for that and its already set to multipurpose switch. Heres an update. I've been back into the Taranis and resoldered the joints.
Now on the calibration screen starting from position 1 = -100, then on position 2 it goes half way up the scale, position 3,4,5,6 are as they should be.
I haven't checked what their pwm values are yet but it looking like my soldering is not up to scratch. I have ordered a new back board ( more money ) and intend to put a JST-XH connection on the board which will be much easier and tidier than just soldering the bare wires.
Thanks for the advice.
Deadtillten

Post by Deadtillten »

Sorry it should read position 1 at start jumps to position 3 and misses out position 2.

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”