Help! I can't get my new Taranus to bind to V series rciever

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
AllanK1

Post by AllanK1 »

Hi, I'm new to Taranus but have made progress but I have run into a problem I can't fix.
I can't get the Radio to bind to any of my v series Rxs. It binds fine to my X series.
In the model setup I go to the internal modul and set to D8 the activate bind. It doesn't want to know. There is an anomally once D8 is sellected, the RX number disappears. Then on D16 or LR12 it comes back. I don't know if that is related.
I have flashed the radio with 2.0 firmware and programmed the eepe for the model on my Laptop then uploaded.
It was uploaded with D16 sellected but I changed it to D8 on the radio before trying to bind.
Can anyone tell me the answer to this one?
All advice appreciated.

Allan

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Help! I can't get my new Taranus to bind to V series rci

Post by MikeB »

The XJT module (internal or external) only binds to V-II type V series receivers, no the older only V series.
The Rx Number only works with X and LR receivers, not D or V.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

The V8 - II receivers need to be bound in D-mode to work with the XJT.

To use your older V8 receivers, you can insert a DJT module in the external bay of Taranis.
dvogonen

Re: Sv: Help! I can't get my new Taranus to bind to V series

Post by dvogonen »

The disappearing RX number is not an anomality. The old D8 protocol does not handle RX numbering (the feature Spektrum calls model match) so there is no number to display.
AllanK1

Post by AllanK1 »

Thanks so much everyone. I actually had a problem with a series II as well. But will go back and check again.

Merry Xmas

Allan

AllanK1

Post by AllanK1 »

I retried II series with bad results then used pin1 and pin 2 linked in place of the button. Nothing seemd to work initially so I turned it all off. Thought lets give it one more try and turned the model back on then the TX and it was linked. Not really sure why but I am pleased to know it can all work.
Sadly I own many of the earlier RXs. I have been running about 10 of them on FRSky modul in my JR9X2. Very impressive performance and dead easy to use and bind. I bought the Taranus on the strength of these but would be happier if it was as user frinedly as my 9X. I can program that in my sleep for 6 servo motor glider with all the mixes.
It sounds like I will have to transfer this external modul to the Taranus and activate it and shut off the internal modul then I can use the old RXs. Is that correct?
By the way can you have both internal and external modules be active at the same time? I was thinking that could give radio link redundancy if 2 Rxs were in the model with servos share between them. IE one aileron on one RX and the other aileron on the other RX.
Would that work?
Allan
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

If you install a DJT module in the external bay, you can set each model to use the appropriate module, according to type of receiver. It's very easy and convenient.

As for using two modules, it's possible, but unless you have a particularly large and valuable model hardly seems necessary give the high reliability of the RF link. A more likely source of failure is the power system. I put the emphasis on high quality components, conservatively rated, rather than redundancy.

You will find Taranis very user-friendly and powerful once you have adjusted to the different approach.

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”