Binding Problem

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
AARNALDO

Binding Problem

Post by AARNALDO »

My new Taranis X9DPLUS (newest Open TX version) has a binding problem. My receivers are Frsky V8FRII and D8RII plus. I can bind them, normally, but some days after, one or other of them lost the binding, so I need to bind it again. I´ve reviwed my binding process and it is correct. It´s a very simple rotine. I guess some one could help me, thanks.

Richard

Re: Binding Problem

Post by Richard »

It looks you have a problem with the TX, or the FW in it. I have a X9D with X8R and never had the kind of problem. My best suggestion is to check with whoever supplied the TX. If with previous FW, you did not have the problem, then I would suggest you first downgrade to a previous version and check how the binding goes. That would tell you if you have a bug in the newer version or some HW in the TX is causing the loss of binding.
Richard
AARNALDO

Post by AARNALDO »

Richard!Unfortunatelly I guess you´re right. This is my idea, too, but I´would prefer some one told me: see x,or z at y menu. Change it to yes, or no and no more binding problems. Well, now let me acquire the courage to return to the last FW version. Thanks a lot. From Brazil, AArnaldo
Richard

Post by Richard »

AArnaldo, if you have been using a previous version and had no problem, is great news. If that is the case, the most probable culprit is the FW version. It may have a bug or when you downloaded it was corrupted. In other words, easy to fix. Just, take it easy, when you flash any version. Be sure to read the steps, watch videos, etc., At least that is what I do, given that I learnt it the hard way. And check and re-check on the ground. Remember that configurations are different between versions.
Actually, before you go back with the FW, unless you already did this, create a new model (do not copy or duplicate) for one of your planes and see what happens with the binding.
Richard

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”