Problem updating to latest LBT firmware via OpenTx 2.1.7

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
patmac

Problem updating to latest LBT firmware via OpenTx 2.1.7

Post by patmac »

Help please for a first poster.

I have a Taranis from the first batch to arrive in the UK, I've been keeping it & Companion updated fairly regularly up to v2.0.19. A couple of days ago I updated both to OpenTx 2.1.7 using : http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2451551 as a guide.
Then I checked that everything worked as it should with the Taranis & all my models programmed to it apart from a few expected changes in Special Functions & telemetry no problems were detected.

Next I decided to upgrade the Taranis & my X8R Rxs to the latest LBT firmware using the method shown here : http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=25KgwgWicJ8

I created a firmware folder in the SD card, then I downloaded the LBT firmware from FrSky for XR8 & XJT to a folder in my PC & dragged both into the SD card folder.

That's when I hit a snag.
I decided to change the internal XJT firmware first but when I selected the firmware in the SD card & pressed "enter" the "flash external device" & "flash internal module" were missing from the sub menu choices. However I noticed that both firmware files are .RAR not .FRK.
I know nothing about these file types I assume that this may be causing the problem.

I've double checked the FrSky site repeated the downloads but still get the same .RAR files & can't see any options.

Am I missing something ?

kalle123

Re: Problem updating to latest LBT firmware via OpenTx 2.1.7

Post by kalle123 »

RAR. is a file extension for packed files like *.zip

First you have to unpack the RAR file. Look for a program which suits your operation system for unpacking.

br KH
patmac

Re: Problem updating to latest LBT firmware via OpenTx 2.1.7

Post by patmac »

Thanks for the quick response.
Files now unpacked & problem resolved.

Cheers
Pat.

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”