Turnigy 9x and DJT w/ X6R (PWM but no S.BUS)

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
jtroutt19

Turnigy 9x and DJT w/ X6R (PWM but no S.BUS)

Post by jtroutt19 »

Hey guys so I got a small issue going on. When I first got my transmitter 5 years ago I flashed it with ER9X. Well 2 days ago I decided to do an update. I didnt save old firmware. Now I am not getting any output with my RX through S.BUS.

I have the X6R in a 550 size quad. The flight controller is a Revolution loaded with Librepilot. The GCS is not showing any activity on any channels with s.bus. I can hook an external servo up to the RX and move the appropriate stick and the servo moves. So its outputting PWM just fine. What happened to my s.bus? I have the s.bus ran through a s.bus to cppm converter. I check to make sure that the converter is not the problem. I have another quad a 250 size same hardware but I run pure s.bus through dedicated port on that Flight Controller. I get nothing on that on as well.

I have played with protocol setting in the radio and nothing. Any Ideas on what is going on? I really need to get this working. I have an event on sunday.

jhsa

Re: Turnigy 9x and DJT w/ X6R (PWM but no S.BUS)

Post by jhsa »

The s.bus is generated by the receiver, or a converter. Nothing to do with the radio as far as I know.
What receiver do you have? And what converter?

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I can't think of any reason updating er9x should stop the SBUS from working, particularly as the servo outputs are operating.
What revision of er9x have you now flashed?
I just tested a DJT on a 9X (mega64 processor) with a X6R. Protocol set to PPM and the bind done on the Rx with channels 5-6 linked (D8 mode). All works correctly and I can see the SBUS output (signal next to channel 1 output) correctly on my 'scope.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
michel49

Post by michel49 »

I had an X6R with the same issue, back to the vendor.
jtroutt19

Post by jtroutt19 »

I found out my issue and let me say this before I tell you guys. I checked this thing a million times. I plugged my RX into my FC and set to sbus and everything and not output. So anyway here ya go.

I was using a s.bus to cppm converter frsky brand from HK while I was waiting on my NAZA GPS(need the serial function gps and mag over one cable) turns out the converter went bad on my. I dont understand it because I even tried my little 250 which sbus is plugged directly into the flight controller on that one and couldnt get any response. But all is good now. I did go through and reset my flight controller and started all over though. So I dont know. No more s.bus to cppm converters.

Return to “Hardware”