[SOLVED] Flysky 9x dead after flashing

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
jbritton

[SOLVED] Flysky 9x dead after flashing

Post by jbritton »

TL/DR: After flashing, my lcd was blank and tx did nothing, even though the module had power. Turns out my avrdude was bad. Installed from MacPorts and linked it back to /usr/local/bin and everything was good!

Sorry for the long post, but I tried to include everything I have tried to get this fixed

I attempted to flashed my FS9x (with Amtel ATMega128 chip) yesterday and have not been able to get it working since. I've read through everything I could find that seems similar and had no luck, so I'm hoping someone can help me bring it back. I originally tried to flash opentx, but have since tried 64 and 128 versions of opentx and er9x. I also have tried eepe, OpenTX Companion, and 9x Companion.

No matter what I do, the screen remains blank and the buttons have no tones, and I have no control to receivers (on aircraft or in betaflight receiver view). The board does measure power and the module powers on.

It seems very similar to the issue exerienced here viewtopic.php?t=7139. I followed through those recommendations and checked the following:

1- Programer is outputting 5V, not 3.3V
2- Most flashes seem to end successfully, but I have had verification errors and eepe flashes failed with "9x avrdude: error: usbasp_trasmit: usb_control_msg(DeviceRequestTO): pipe is stalled"
3- Signature is expected when set to m128 (I have not used -F on anything)
4- contrast is set to 25 (also tried setting it to 30)
5- Fuses read "FUSES: Baixo=0e Alto=81 Ext=ff" (I have not used either Fuse Reset)
6- 12 way cable is plugged in tight
7- LCD ribbon is plugged in well
8- 3.3v, 5v, and Battery Voltage all show up at the pads on the board
9- On the resistors above the chip, the 512's all read ~5 Kilo ohms, the 103's all read about ~7 Kilo ohms (I read these should be ~10 Kilo ohms?)
10- Resistance between RST and GND pads is ~10.7 Kilo ohms, on the resistor above the RST pad it is 7.0 Kilo ohms. (I saw a suggestion to remove this resistor, is that a good idea?)
11- Set beeper mode to long, get nothing when pushing buttons
12- RST to GND measures 5V with power
13- 5V and GND pins on the chip have 0 resistance to the corresponding pads.
14- Pin1 on the chip is not shorted to Ground

Thanks in advance for any help, I'm hoping I can get back in the air!

Return to “Hardware”