9XRpro and XJT+8XR range problem

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
Andromede

9XRpro and XJT+8XR range problem

Post by Andromede »

Hello,

I use a 9XRpro (r218) with XJT module and two X8R. Everything works except the range ! Sometimes the X8R loses the signal "receiver signal critical"
and the led on the X8R becomes red , all this can happen with a distance of 400m or 10m or less ! I crashed two jets because of that. Even after a positive range check, it can happen. When I used 9XRpro + DJT+V8FR, I never had any problem of range for much longer distances with the same planes). I use two X8R in one jet (F-15) and two others in a second jet (F-14). With the F-15 I had this problem at once (using DJT+V8FR no loss of signal for any distance , receiver in the same position in the plane), with the F-14 no problem until the day I used the telemetry.
I replace the X8R,the XJT and nothing changed, so the problem comes from the radio and firmware ? receiver's antenna position in the plane ? (must be perpendicular ? not too close ? but I have not a lot of place in a jet). X8R's range has to be be greater than V8Fr's range.

Jerome

Andromede

Re: 9XRpro and XJT+8XR range problem

Post by Andromede »

It seems that X8R's range is shorter than the V8FR. The problem was a faulty XJT module.

Jerome

Return to “Hardware”