Turnigy 9X THR switch always on

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
DyoGTS

Turnigy 9X THR switch always on

Post by DyoGTS »

Let me start by saying... I'm a noob. I have a fair bit of knowledge, but lack the experience.

I've got a Turnigy 9X (Fly Sky FS-TH9X) that's been in retirement for a while. It's got a Smartieparts 2.4 board and backlight mod. When I powered it back up again, the first thing I did was install the latest version of Er9x (rev 820 standard, previous was rev 700-something). All of the switches, including AIL, work fine except the THR switch is constantly on. Sadly, I have no idea if this was the case before I updated the firmware.

I researched as best I could before posting - checked/cleaned the pads, and even took out the SP board entirely, but the switch is constantly on regardless of position. From what I read, this tends to likely be a hardware problem, but everything looks fine to me, so I'm really not sure where to look.

Anyone got any ideas?

If not, is there a way that I can still use this TX without this switch impacting anything? I'd assume that I can have it ignore this switch entirely? (again, noob)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jhsa

Re: Turnigy 9X THR switch always on

Post by jhsa »

If the switch is always ON, normally it means that the connection is open. When the switch contacts are closed, the switch is actually OFF.
I would measure first if the switch is ok, that means, one pin should be connected to ground, and the other should connect pin 2 or 3 (not sure which one) from the processor to ground via a 200 ohm resistor. So, you should also measure the continuity from the processor pin to the switch.
also, measure between the processor pin and ground. You should have around 200 ohms when the switch is OFF, and nothing when it is ON.

Do this measurements with the battery removed from the radio.

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
DyoGTS

Post by DyoGTS »

After tracking down my multimeter, I checked the switch by itself, and checked it all the way back to the processor - everything appears to check out fine, which doesn't make sense. Ideas?

I don't actually use the throttle cut switch, so if there is some way that I can set it up on the radio to ignore it, or on the individual models, I'd be fine with that as well.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

With the radio on, please measure the the voltage across the pins of the switch, with the switch in both positions.
One way should give 5V, the other 0V.

In the model setup|General menu, there is the default switch setting. Simply highlight this, put all the switches in their default positions for that model and press MENU.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
cezeoh

Post by cezeoh »

I had the same issue flashed the firmware again and now it is fine.

Return to “Hardware”