Taranis Arm/Disarm

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
ldefoor

Taranis Arm/Disarm

Post by ldefoor »

Hello and thanks for reading this.

I am new to the Taranis lineup and need a little help.

A little background to help clarify things. I received a used X9D and Quad with a V8R7-II. While having a brain storm I upgraded the controllers firmware and - well didn't backup the settings, or even really look at them.

After the upgrade I was able to get a new model added and it appears I have everything bound correctly. I can open base flight and see my controls on the receiver moving. I can flick the switch I have assigned to arm/disarm. I can see the switch activate and deactivate but the model never turns in.

The way the pins are on the model itself are a little odd to me but 1 looks to be a general ground, 2 seems to be where the power comes in and then the rest are the throttle, aileron, rudder and elevators (not in order).

The input and mixes on the controller start at channel 3.

I am not sure where to start looking for the problem. I really think it is in the arm/disarm section.

Oh one other thing that might be a hunt. When I turn the radio on, it says to check throttle. The thirty let us all down and all switches are away from me. I have gone through the calibration on the radio a couple times trying to correct the throttle but it never seems to correct. This could be potentially why it doesn't arm too.

jhsa

Re: Taranis Arm/Disarm

Post by jhsa »

It would help if you tell us what controller you are using.
Also check what stick mode is setnon the radio.
For example mode 1 has the throttle on the right vertical stick. Mode 2 has the throttle on the left vertical stick. If this is wrong it means your radio could be expecting the right vertical stick to be the throttle and as it is spring loaded, it is at center.
You can test this by turning the radio ON with the elevator stick down. See if that clears the alarm. DO NOT TRY TO ARM THE QUAD THIS WAY WITH PROPS ON. REMOVE THEM.

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
ldefoor

Re: Taranis Arm/Disarm

Post by ldefoor »

Hello - thanks for the reply.

Sorry, I am using a Naze32 FC and it is in Mode 2 (Throttle on the left).

Performing the actions you mentioned did not allow the quad to spin up.

During this process, I did figure out the mistake I was making. During the calibration setup of the controller, I must have been off of center a little. I went back through it this time, being VERY VERY careful with the centering of the Throttle. Once I completed another calibration, it allowed me to disarm the quad and spin the engines.

I must have been maybe one tic mark off.

Thank you for taking the time to answer the post!

Return to “Hardware”