Home made proyect

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
Warday

Home made proyect

Post by Warday »

Hi, I would like to experiment and make a homemade full developed system. The idea is to create a universal remote control platform with fpv. and a drone of course. I have been working with arduino and rc communication for other project but nay I need to jump for more distance, and almost sure an raspberry.
As my objective is to get knowledge I will avoid an standar control for the creation of a homemade platform, the first main problem is the rf communication because I want to jump from 2 km to more then 10 km with FPV. What kind of equipment did you suggest, so I can star the research? Datasheet or someone that have try something similar? Thanks for all.

bob195558

Re: Home made proyect

Post by bob195558 »

10 km with FPV, ........ what are you trying use 10km distance for, how high do you plan to fly
and what country you live in ? :?:

Bob B.
Er9x on 9x radio, with Smartieparts Programmer and TelemetrEZ Board.
ErSky9x on Taranis, Sky9x, 9Xtreme radios.
3D-Printing: (https://openrcforums.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=129).
Warday

Post by Warday »

Hi. I live on Argentina. I practice climbing so I would make experiment on mountains up to 2km (I would be on the top at 1.3km). and then in hi mountain at more than 5 km. Its an experimental prototype and it may get broken. I have read that this sistem can get that distance and more. It will have FPV and automatic system with gps so it can return home.
I dont think that I would have problem with the receiver because a lot of people build its own drones, but I need information of the transmitter because no one have build a control and I will make it as well.
Thenx for all!
LutzB

Post by LutzB »

To be honest, I hope nobody will help you with this.

Ranges of 2km are already more than you should use. Have you ever thought about safety while your drone is 2km away from you? You are responsible for any damage you are doing with this thing. Even if your country has no regulations for drones please use your brain.

Sorry to be that rude, but these thoughts are the root cause for all the regulations coming up now. For many years rc pilots were flying with no special regulations because they thought about where to fly and what can go wrong. Now everybody can get a drone and flying got really simple and they do not think about what they are doing.

But this is just my honest opinion.
Koarl

Post by Koarl »

+1

bob195558

Post by bob195558 »

Hi Warday,
You may want (need) to check what the regulations for RC transmitters in your area and country of Argentina are.
In the US and other countries there are regulations which limiting what frequencies
and strength of RF signal which can be used.
Because there have been a few times where drones have been flown inappropriately and illegally in highly
populated areas and around airports, a lot more restrictive regulations have been placed on our RC Hobby.
These have caused our government officials to view our beloved RC Hobby as something
to be eradicated (Band all RC Flying).
Government officials with there newly acquired dictatorial powers have no care
that 99.99% of RC Hobbyist fly responsively.
I am interested in learning more about RF technology and would like to follow the progress of your project.
I do not fully understand how you are hoping to be able to do everything that you want to do.

Bob B.
Er9x on 9x radio, with Smartieparts Programmer and TelemetrEZ Board.
ErSky9x on Taranis, Sky9x, 9Xtreme radios.
3D-Printing: (https://openrcforums.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=129).
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

I understand that Argentina introduced strict new UAV regulations late last year. Probably the most pertinent requirement is that they be flown within direct sight of the pilot at all times.
Warday

Post by Warday »

Hi, I am an engineer and I'm researching this technology for professional use. The idea is to create intelligent monitoring system for agriculture use, to be able to detect plagues, water problems in field without using local sensor. It´s not for playing, it’s an experimental prototype for professional use. That’s why its needed a special control and not a standard one, because it will be control automatically with a central command that will be able to interrupt the drone work, if the workers need to enter field for some reason or to land it if weather get heavy (Strong wind can start really fast). Another purpose is to help on rescue mission on mountain, to help locate the people and reduce it cost and increase survival chances. And other options. The test will be don on special places far away from cities of course.
By now I have already understood how the system work and I would like your suggestion on what equipment have a good relation between quality and price.
Thanks for all and I understand your concern.

Return to “Hardware”