New Spektrum DXe... 9 channels?

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
Hexperience

New Spektrum DXe... 9 channels?

Post by Hexperience »

Has anyone seen which module is used in the new DXe? On some sites it's saying that it's a 6-9 channel transmitter... this could just be a trick like with the Dx5e. Meaning you only see "extra channels" when connected to specific bind and fly devices.

Anyway, I was thinking about making another dsmx module and when I was looking around for a DX4e I saw the new DXe.

Is there any potential there with a new module to be patched into OpenTX/er9x to allow for more channels and/or maybe even telemetry?

Cheers
Sky9X: One radio to rule them all, and in the darkness BIND them.

Kilrah

Re: New Spektrum DXe... 9 channels?

Post by Kilrah »

No idea.
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

No trick with DX4e and DX5e. These are clearly 6 channel transmitters that work with any DSM2/DSMX receiver. Channel 6 is limited to momentary on, but that can be overcome.

As for the DXe, people are still figuring it out. It certainly has the standard six channels, but maybe can do more. I can't imagine it doing telemetry.

By the way, it's DSMX only. It won't control a DSM2 receiver. Unlike other transmitters from Spektrum, this is worldwide, not just EU. Maybe a sign of things to come more generally.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hexperience

Post by Hexperience »

I can (and prefer to) live without dsm2.

It will be interesting to see what happens with it in the future. I wonder what chip it is, as compared to a DX6 (new one).
Sky9X: One radio to rule them all, and in the darkness BIND them.

Return to “Hardware”