this may be a really good module/rx to hack

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
kaos

this may be a really good module/rx to hack

Post by kaos »

recently I was working on Multiprotocol module and accidentally found a module from my old 'junk' tx has the CYRF chip in there that I can use. Some one told me it even has a T212 chip in there so it has really good range. So I dig out the rx that came with the old tx and opened it up. Surprisingly, it turns out to be a true diversity receiver with 2 CYRF chips in it and has PA/LNA with it. I tried to bind the rx with my DSM module with no luck. so it is using some kind of proprietary/unknown protocol.
Here are some pics of the tx module and rx module, see if some Nerds around here :mrgreen: can figure out a way to hack this thing. My understanding this may be a really good pair of tx/rx for very good range. I have found they are still selling the RTF model with this tx/rx (at least from outside pictures, they look the same as mine). This from a Dynam RTF model. They are selling the 'junk' tx as spare parts for the model for 25.00. I don't see any rx available.
this is the tx module
this is the tx module
I have traced out the pins on the Tx module, the xxx on the left 3 pins is also Gnd.
I have traced out the pins on the Tx module, the xxx on the left 3 pins is also Gnd.
this is the rx module
this is the rx module
the other side of rx module
the other side of rx module
this is what the Tx looks like
this is what the Tx looks like
dynam-6-channel-2-4ghz-transmitter-5.jpg (18.47 KiB) Viewed 3686 times

Kilrah

Re: this may be a really good module/rx to hack

Post by Kilrah »

Looks nice indeed.
Whatever you'd want to do with it would be a huge project though.
kaos

Post by kaos »

Any possibility to flash the rx to be used with DSM system? Is the DSM FW even available on the web somewhere? or using the orange rx fW?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Given the hardware is necessarily different (2 chips, different processor) any existing firmware would need to be adapted and reworked, and as source is not available it basically means writing one from scratch.
kaos

Post by kaos »

OK, that is certainly out of my league. ;)
I saw there are 60 people looked at the pics (may be more in the future), hope some one will get interested in and try to do that. ;)
I will use the module for the Multi project for now. The FW to communicate the rx must be located some here on the main board? I don't see a chip on the tx module like on the Flysky module, I have to remove the chip to be used for Multiprotocol module.
I did find the Rx being sold around 16 to19 dollars on the web. and used Tx/rx being sold on ebay cheap too.
Thx, Kilrah for looking at this. May be one day you wake up in the middle of the night and feel bored and just hacked it. :mrgreen:

Return to “Hardware”